Join Early Retirement Today

Cut-Throat
Old 12-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Cut-Throat

Not to be a pest, especially after lurking for all this time. I have seen C-T post lots of helpful answers and advice and do not want to carry a joke to far and cause ill feelings. I say we give him a break for now.

JP
plattj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Cut-Throat
Old 12-15-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am not sure what happened but no disagreement is worth losing C-T.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #3

Hey, Cut-Throat is maybe my favorite liberal. (t's a short list)
Anyway, he adds a lot to the board.

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM   #4

Got a feeling C-T's made of sterner stuff than to let any internet board banter bug him...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat
I am not sure what happened but no disagreement is worth losing C-T.
I'm scratching my head wondering how this topic got started, people wondering if CT is emotionally wounded and might quit our little virtual soriee.
I'm sure CT isn't worried about those salmon posts and I'm past it to...well pretty much .
A lot of what CT has to say is good stuff. I get irritated with the way he sometimes delivers it. I'm sure I seem not so perfect to many, but I really am though.

I still want a grudge match at the Mall of America to clear the air so we can be friends or at least have each other's respect after I thrash him silly!
We could sell tickets and raise money for the forum's charitable activities - those might include funding organizations that promote the protection of salmon rivers, early retirement research and the finding of good jokes.

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:24 AM   #6

Oh please, please, may I have the "Salmon Toast" concession at the Mall of America Salmon Face off??
I really need the money and I used to live in Minnesota.* I can still say* Min-a- sO- ta* real good so I'd fit right in.*
Let me know what you think!!!
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTien
I'm scratching my head wondering how this topic got started, people wondering if CT is emotionally wounded and might quit our little virtual soriee.
I'm sure CT isn't worried about those salmon posts and I'm past it to...well pretty much .
A lot of what CT has to say is good stuff. I sometimes get irritated with the way he delivers it. I'm sure I seem not so perfect to many, but I really am though.

I still want a grudge match at the Mall of America to clear the air so we can be friends or at least have each other's respect after I thrash him silly!
We could sell tickets and raise money for the forum's charitable activities - those might include funding organizations that promote the protection of salmon rivers, early retirement research and the finding of good jokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick
Oh please, please, may I have the "Salmon Toast" concession at the Mall of America Salmon Face off??
I really need the money and I used to live in Minnesota. I can still say Min-a- sO- ta real good so I'd fit right in.
Let me know what you think!!!
I'm liking it. I'm thinking we could incubate that salmon toast stand and roll out a Salmon & Spam On Toast In Ya Face Ya Sure You Betcha! chain.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #8

Dan: I'm not showing up to watch unless pink salmon is served.

--Greg
Old 12-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON
Dan: I'm not showing up to watch unless pink salmon is served.

--Greg
Greg - I respect your wish to eat pink salmon, nobody should make you feel bad about that and I'm sure JP will stock it.
But I have to be frank(eh eh he said frank) again...thats what really ticked me off - CT calling me a pinko salmon eater, nobody calls me that and gets a way with it!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:06 AM   #10
Dryer sheet aficionado

This post started because I was timed out while trying to post that we should give C-T a break over on the salmon thread. When I tried to finish the program said I had timed out and asked me for a topic, so I typed in Cut-Throat. It was a mistake. I don't think C-T is worried about it, but that is no reason to be rude. I just thought that the pee joke had gone far enough and that C-T puts in a lot of time making the board a better place.

plattj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #11

That's cool. You're a good person. This is not to be taken seriously plat. It can be fun and light hearted as I'm trying to make it right now. A lot of what is said is in jest.

However, that being said, I still want a grudge match at the MofA and to start a Salmon & Spam on Toast In Ya Face Ya Sure Ya Betcha chain. I'll soon start asking forum members to go in with JP & I as partners.

Quote:
A lot of what CT has to say is good stuff. I get irritated with the way he sometimes delivers it. I'm sure I seem not so perfect to many, but I really am though.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Not to be a pest, especially after lurking for all this time. I have seen C-T post lots of helpful answers and advice and do not want to carry a joke to far and cause ill feelings. I say we give him a break for now.

JP
Though i'm too lazy to read the thread of question, i did scan Cut-Throat's last posts, and in no way did i detect that he was bothered by anything. He posted just yesterday. Me thinks you're overreating.
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I'll soon start asking forum members to go in with JP & I as partners.*
You can put me down for the broadcast & DVD distribution rights...

Since they're not "live", would those DVDs be considered "fresh" or "frozen"?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
You can put me down for the broadcast & DVD distribution rights...

Since they're not "live", would those DVDs be considered "fresh" or "frozen"?
Ok! You got dibs on those rights. DVDs most likely will be marketed in a can.

Guess what I'm eating for lunch right now as I munch and type?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #15
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Personally, I think a topic to discuss a poster is a little too inbred. No matter what you may imagine about how anyone may be taking what you say, overall better to keep it to yourself, IMO. And if you can't keep it ot yourself, bury it in the topic where it first arose.

Ha
Old 12-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Personally, I think a topic to discuss a poster is a little too inbred. No matter what you may imagine about how anyone may be taking what you say, overall better to keep it to yourself, IMO. And if you can't keep it ot yourself, bury it in the topic where it first arose.

Ha
Ha - I totally agree and if you had read further you could see that plat mistakenly created it. I'm trying to get it off the original slant and make it more upbeat. Maybe Plat can edit the topic title so we don't keep going back to the original emphasis or maybe CT can just put it in cement shoes and deep six it to swim with the fishes.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #17

I haven't read the salmon thread, but I may have to because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Anyhoo, the original poster, if he/she wanted to, could edit the original post to change the topic name, and the topic name will change in the board list, too. The original poster can also (I believe) lock the thread preventing further replies if he/she really wants to let it drop into the oblivion of the archives.

Since I don't know what we're talking about I'm not encouraging or disouraging either way, just informing since the OP seems to feel misunderstood. (I know the feeling!)
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by azanon
...He posted just yesterday.* Me thinks you're overreating.
You the man, AZ!* A lot of people are overeating, but how you determined it via internet is really impressive!*
Old 12-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
I haven't read the salmon thread, but I may have to because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Anyhoo, the original poster, if he/she wanted to, could edit the original post to change the topic name, and the topic name will change in the board list, too. The original poster can also (I believe) lock the thread preventing further replies if he/she really wants to let it drop into the oblivion of the archives.

Since I don't know what we're talking about I'm not encouraging or disouraging either way, just informing since the OP seems to feel misunderstood. (I know the feeling!)
But Big Jim, If he does lock it, I won't be able to promote Jpatrick's my new restaurant idea which I'm trying to develop into a concept which with the forum's help I hope to build into a format that can be rolled out in 2006 to places that long for spam & salmon and don't even know it yet. Don't worry about not knowing what we're talking about, no one does at this point. What salmon thread?
Plat - Maybe you can rename it to The Salmon and Spam On Toast In Ya Face Ya Sure Ya Betcha Diner IPO topic
Old 12-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #20

Uh, I meant this thread as the OP (of this thread) expressed regret over choosing the subject "Cut-Throat".

EDIT: Ah, I see how my post was easily misunderstood. I'll see if I can correct it.

EDIT 2: Okay, now I'm confused. I'm not sure if the OP was regretting the subject of this post or if it was something else like starting a new topic instead of replying to one. Instead of trying to clear this up, I'm going to back out of the room quietly and run away.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote