Dating advice?

I don't see any difference. Cheating is cheating.

Definitely infra-mensch, possibly even a deplorable. Or perhaps a rat, to follow up on your separate species idea.

I wonder if cheating wives also risk losing their humanity, or if this downfall is only for men?

Ha

You didn't immediately go to a German-English online translator, you lazy thing? See, this is why they say what they do about the word ASSUME...

I think he was saying he is a nice guy(mensch), but his male machinery is no longer working.:LOL: And if im wrong it isbecause I was dying of laughter as I was typing this.

Did you leave out preferred gender on purpose, to widen the field?

My add would be more like:

Financially independent and rich 62 year old seeking hot 30-40 year old for some good times. Call now, include multiple pics to see if you meet my expectations.

In the early 1990's when I was single again (just divorced), I dated a fair number of women my age (49 at the time) and younger (late 30's was the youngest). Many were professionals like a school principal, an attorney, a couple of biochemists, my travel agent (remember those?) and other similar professionals. Some, I found out, were married or separated and in "so called" bad relationships. This was all before the internet dating sites were rampant. I don't know what the percentage of men/women cheaters is, but it must be pretty significant on both sides. It was a strange time for me having been married for many years.

Before internet dating sites, one would seek out companions in bars, singles groups (boy those were a trip), church meets, etc. It was really a different time and it was harder to figure out compatibility or even of you just plain had a liking for the new person. It was kind of like going fishing without knowing the waters or what bait to use and there were no knowledgeable guides.

I met Mrs. AJA in a bar in Texas when I was with my youngest sister who was visiting "dear older divorced brother" and the future Mrs. AJA was with another guy (who I knew). We sat at their table and I was across from the future Mrs. AJA. Our eyes connected and that was it. The rest is history.:)

Did you leave out preferred gender on purpose, to widen the field?

Widen the field:confused: The whole thing sounds sounds like a mine field! After this thread, it sounds like on-line dating would put you up to your a$$ in alligators while tip toeing through that mine field. :LOL:

I wonder how they know this. Do they survey the subscribers? Obviously unless you're on a site like Ashley Madison, you're going to set up your profile to indicate (perhaps falsely) that you're single. If the 40% figure is accurate, though, that's pretty surprising. Maybe a sizable chunk of that 40% could be separated (or nearly divorced) and not waiting around to make it official?

My understanding is that this is not true. Adulterers want their potential affair partners to know up front they are married. Not disclosing that is inviting serious drama in the marriage. They also prefer married partners, mutually assured destruction.

My understanding is that this is not true. Adulterers want their potential affair partners to know up front they are married. Not disclosing that is inviting serious drama in the marriage. They also prefer married partners, mutually assured destruction.

I don't doubt it...one of my friends used to travel a lot and said that once he got married and started wearing a wedding ring, the number of women who would approach him on business trips increased.

Correct.

One of the guys I dated briefly was a school principal whom I met in a ballroom dancing class. He told me that he cheated a lot during his 35-year marriage. (How's that for a red flag when first dating. :nonono:)

Principals have a monthly professional meeting after school hours. He'd pick out a female married principal to have an affair with. "That way she'd have as much at stake as he did" is what he told me. They'd go to a hotel after the meeting and he'd bring along a bottle of wine. 'Nuff said.

My friends were amazed at his disclosure^.

Other than that, he was handsome, charming, a great dancer, had a nice pension...but I sure wasn't interested.

omni

Ok guys, translate for the little colored catholic girl in the group. I'm a multi-national/ethnicity dater so I need to know what I'm looking out for. :LOL:

This will help

Be A MenschIn Our Words - Be A Mensch

A Mensch is many things and one simple thing. A mensch does what is right because it is right towards family, towards strangers, at home and in public. When people behave with honesty, integrity, consideration and respect they themselves prosper as does society at large. By spreading mensch-like behavior we can make our society happier, healthier and more successful.

Follow up.
I met a nice woman in September. Dated slowly and finally took a trip together in February. It went pretty well and we're a good match.
She is two years younger than I am and has just retired early two weeks ago. We did a 8 day road trip to celebrate and she's easy to travel with. That's a big plus in my book.
Guess it just takes patience.

Follow up.
I met a nice woman in September. Dated slowly and finally took a trip together in February. It went pretty well and we're a good match.
She is two years younger than I am and has just retired early two weeks ago. We did a 8 day road trip to celebrate and she's easy to travel with. That's a big plus in my book.

Good for you!!! :dance:

Excellent! How did you meet her?
OK Cupid. A 98% match.
Looked on Match, but it was many of the same women there.
I'm not great at a bar meet type thing, probably due to refusing to get hearing aids and being dorky and awkward with strangers.

Follow up.

What does her financial statement look like? ;)

At least reveal whether she, too, is dorky, awkward, and needs hearing aids! A 98% match must mean something...

Follow up.
Wonderful! I am so happy that you two have found one another.

F and I met on an online dating service too, about 19 years ago, and we have been very happy together since then.

At least reveal whether she, too, is dorky, awkward, and needs hearing aids! A 98% match must mean something...
No hearing aids but as dorky. Science and medicine background, might be smarter than me. Definately cuter than me. Hates having her photo taken.
LBYM type and not a mess financially. A first in my dating career.

Back
Top Bottom