David Weekley Homes?

DougViages

Recycles dryer sheets
My DW and I are looking at having DW Homes build us a house outside of Charlotte, NC. Any experience with DW Homes out there?:cool:

They have a good reputation here in Georgia. But again it is just a name. Each subdivision or section of a subdivision and even each house has different builders on the project. Not only that they are generally under a new LLC ever 4 or so houses.

The name is really nothing but a project management company in most cases. You may have a great experience or you may have a bad experience.

My advice is to wait for the house to be built then put in your offer after completion. This market isn't really any rush.

In general I would say that David Weekley homes (in Texas) has a good reputation. David Weekley has been a big proponent in Texas of laws that really limit homeowner remedies and to require a cumbersome process for asserting claims against builders. Despite that, I will say that they usually build decent homes. Many, many, many years ago I owned a David Weekley home (bought used, not new) and had no problems with it.

All of that said, I don't know anything about who they have working for them in your area and so can't comment on your local office.

We are planning to have a house built on our land and I considered the David Weekley Build on Your Lot program. I didn't go with it as I didn't like most of their plans (most plans were designed for narrow subdivision lots and we are on an acre).

Back
Top Bottom