Join Early Retirement Today
Day 3 post FIRE
Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
Day 3 post FIRE

Last week I travelled out to corporate in the Bay Area for a wonderful send off from work. Folks at work couldn't have been nicer and was great finishing on a high.

Given it is still "mud season" at home in vermont I decided my first "trip" in retirement would to vacation in place out here for a long weekend.

Brilliant sunny weather. Long bike rides. Helping my best friend on some of his hydroponic obsession. Sleeping in. Eating out. Would be great having the family with me but a fun launch of the retirement journey

Heading home tomorrow night and then into retired parent role with on of our twin's Eagle Scout project fund raiser. Not a single PowerPoint presentation in the long range outlook

Thanks to all here for the advise and inspiration to make this happen

Was interesting how many privates conversations with coworkers that are "a few years away" and all of them probably have much more in investments than we do. Different priorities I guess

jabbahop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.
Congrats! Eager to hear how you're enjoying this stage of life!

Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Congratulations! Welcome to the other side.
walkinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have two months to go and I am soooo looking forward to being in your shoes! Congrats! It sounds like you had a wonderful send off.

We aren't rich either, but we will do better than most, because we were frugal and saved. I'm looking forward to having peace of mind, not worrying about Monday morning.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets
If by 3 days you are counting Sat and Sun then I am right with you as Friday was my last day.

Rode 40+ miles yesterday. Rode to the gym today for a workout, started reading a book off to play guitar shortly. Yes we are having wonderful weather though I would gladly trade it for some rain . Still trying to get some things sorted out with work since they booted me faster than originally planned and naturally did not fully communicate things but it appears to be ok just needs some explanation.

Folks at the old company were also great, 2 going away lunches in 2 days which is remarkable since there was only 2 days warning, 40+ people at each. It all hasn't completely sunk in though last night I realized that although the weekend seemed normal there was no worrying about some project/meeting/deadline when I got back from "vacation"

Pretty cool
If money is the root of all evil I want to be a bad man
nuke_diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets
July 1st can't come soon enough for me. Congrats and I look forward to joining you!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Taxman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets
Congratulations! I'm on day 33 and can say it seems to get better and better as time goes on. It's amazing to have pretty much full control of your time with no pressures other than what you put on yourself. Enjoy!
Whisper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
Congrats! And it gets better.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets
Congratulations! You & nuke_driver have a week head start on me, so am curious about how you folks are doing.
ampeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets
Love it I hope my days start like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Terryjm51 is offline   Reply With Quote