Day 3 post FIRE

jabbahop

Recycles dryer sheets
Last week I travelled out to corporate in the Bay Area for a wonderful send off from work. Folks at work couldn't have been nicer and was great finishing on a high.

Given it is still "mud season" at home in vermont I decided my first "trip" in retirement would to vacation in place out here for a long weekend.

Brilliant sunny weather. Long bike rides. Helping my best friend on some of his hydroponic obsession. Sleeping in. Eating out. Would be great having the family with me but a fun launch of the retirement journey

Heading home tomorrow night and then into retired parent role with on of our twin's Eagle Scout project fund raiser. Not a single PowerPoint presentation in the long range outlook

Thanks to all here for the advise and inspiration to make this happen

Was interesting how many privates conversations with coworkers that are "a few years away" and all of them probably have much more in investments than we do. Different priorities I guess

Congrats! Eager to hear how you're enjoying this stage of life!

I have two months to go and I am soooo looking forward to being in your shoes! Congrats! It sounds like you had a wonderful send off.

We aren't rich either, but we will do better than most, because we were frugal and saved. I'm looking forward to having peace of mind, not worrying about Monday morning.

If by 3 days you are counting Sat and Sun then I am right with you as Friday was my last day.

Rode 40+ miles yesterday. Rode to the gym today for a workout, started reading a book off to play guitar shortly. Yes we are having wonderful weather though I would gladly trade it for some rain :(. Still trying to get some things sorted out with work since they booted me faster than originally planned and naturally did not fully communicate things but it appears to be ok just needs some explanation.

Folks at the old company were also great, 2 going away lunches in 2 days which is remarkable since there was only 2 days warning, 40+ people at each. It all hasn't completely sunk in though last night I realized that although the weekend seemed normal there was no worrying about some project/meeting/deadline when I got back from "vacation"

Pretty cool

July 1st can't come soon enough for me. Congrats and I look forward to joining you!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations! I'm on day 33 and can say it seems to get better and better as time goes on. It's amazing to have pretty much full control of your time with no pressures other than what you put on yourself. Enjoy!

Congratulations! You & nuke_driver have a week head start on me, so am curious about how you folks are doing.

Love it I hope my days start like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom