Join Early Retirement Today

Deals and discounts for 50+
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Deals and discounts for 50+

I found this just cruising the net. If you go to the Entertainment and Leisure tab, there are a number of restaurants that will give you a price break if you are over 50 years old I see:

50plusDeals.com: The Editor's List – The Best Deals for the Time of Your Life-Discounts for People Over 50
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
gone traveling

Now if I could only find somebody under the age of 50 to share my "benefits", I would be extremely happy...
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Today I will break even using my $10 National Park Service pass, such a deal:

America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post

America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior Pass
Break even? I bought mine at Zion National Park and saved $15 on the normal $25 entrance fee, the first time I used it. I have since used the card to enter Yellowstone, Mesa Verde, and Chaco Canyon national parks, saving myself $25 a pop. Such a deal is right!
ScottFromUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Yup, that Senior Pass is one of the best bargains to be found. And don't forget the pass applies not only to you but also to three compainions - or as many as you can seat in your car if applicable.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

But, why wouldn't you want to "double up" as it were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Now if I could only find somebody under the age of 50 to share my "benefits", I would be extremely happy...
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post

Wow...great minds must think alike. All my girlfriends in their 60's are looking for a guy in the same age group as you are (50's). Blows both ways I guess. Frankly, most of my single girlfriends who are still rocking it probably would go for a guy in his 40's right now.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Yup, that Senior Pass is one of the best bargains to be found. And don't forget the pass applies not only to you but also to three compainions - or as many as you can seat in your car if applicable.
The drive-in theater had a similar deal for teenagers, though the extras had to be in the trunk of the car...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFromUtah View Post
Break even? I bought mine at Zion National Park and saved $15 on the normal $25 entrance fee, the first time I used it. I have since used the card to enter Yellowstone, Mesa Verde, and Chaco Canyon national parks, saving myself $25 a pop. Such a deal is right!

I bought it a couple of months ago and used it right there for $5.00 admissions for myself a houseguest. Well, before we left the park she decided to buy one also because it is such a good deal. So yesterday I went out scouting another $5 park, mathematically even? Next week another guest will arrive and that card will get us some freebies. Many of the National Park Service sites in my area are totally free.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote