Did the obligatory Birthday ride today

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I hit the big 61 today. Bikers are obliged to ride their age in miles on or around their birthday. So DW and I did a very nice loop from Bowie, MD to Deale, MD (near Annapolis) (48 miles) This is beautiful country. Rolling hills, horse farms, even a couple of llamas - too bad I forgot the camera. We had lunch in Deale on the waterfront. When I got home I ran up an extra 13 miles around town to fill out my age. When I get to about 75-80 I'm thinking I will switch to metric :)

Happy birthday--I wish you many more miles to come!

The countryside sounds beautiful. And aren't you lucky your birthday isn't in February :)

Happy birthday don! :flowers: I didn't know about this biker rule...I'll have to pass it along to DH.

We go on breakfast runs from time to time and enjoy the country scenery. It's getting close to great riding weather around here. :)

Good for you that is pretty long ride at any age.

Happy B'day! Sounds like a very nice ride. It was pretty here today. Took the mutt for a 3 mile walk this morning. Her tongue was really hanging out. She's getting old, like her daddy.:(

The obligatory age/miles ride is news to me, though it is as good of an excuse to go cruising as any.

Happy birthday.

Happy birthday! :dance:

Another cyclists trick is to see how old you can get and still match your age in downhill speed. Eventually you end up scaring the bejeezus out of yourself. :D

I am happy to say I can still reach 61 mph on a local high-speed downhill. Bring on next year!

I hit the big 61 today. Bikers are obliged to ride their age in miles on or around their birthday. So DW and I did a very nice loop from Bowie, MD to Deale, MD (near Annapolis) (48 miles) This is beautiful country. Rolling hills, horse farms, even a couple of llamas - too bad I forgot the camera. We had lunch in Deale on the waterfront. When I got home I ran up an extra 13 miles around town to fill out my age. When I get to about 75-80 I'm thinking I will switch to metric :)

It would be more interesting if your Birthday was Jan. 15th.:LOL:

Great jumpin' horny toads! When you said "bike", I thought you were talking about a motorcycle... Holy moly...61 miles...you dah man don! :D

For a minute there I thought we were talking about a different kind of ride...:whistle::cool::LOL::D

R

My friends and I use to have a rule that you were supposed to get kissed by as many girls as you were old... seemed pretty easy for a long time and then something happened... either we got too old or too ugly and we had to quit in our forties...

My friends and I use to have a rule that you were supposed to get kissed by as many girls as you were old... seemed pretty easy for a long time and then something happened... either we got too old or too ugly and we had to quit in our forties...
You mean you had 40 women lined up to kiss you when you turned 40? You dah man! :eek:

You made it to forty? Maybe I just live in a small town. :facepalm: :LOL:

Another cyclists trick is to see how old you can get and still match your age in downhill speed. Eventually you end up scaring the bejeezus out of yourself. :D

I am happy to say I can still reach 61 mph on a local high-speed downhill. Bring on next year!
Wow, my max is a little over 40 and that was pretty scary. 61 on a bike and I would have to clean my shorts.

Wow, my max is a little over 40 and that was pretty scary. 61 on a bike and I would have to clean my shorts.

I don't know my max but it had be around 60 when I was going downhill on my mountain bike on the million dollar highway in Silverton Colorado... and yes I did change shorts afterwards...:LOL:

I hit the big 61 today. Bikers are obliged to ride their age in miles on or around their birthday. So DW and I did a very nice loop from Bowie, MD to Deale, MD (near Annapolis) (48 miles) This is beautiful country.
Spouse grew up in Bowie before we spent our time at Annapolis. You must've had to tow a water trailer to keep up with the humidity and the sweating!

I ran a mile over my age 3 years ago. Hoping to do that again in the next couple of years. I tried last year but didn't make it. My nephew just did it this spring, but he's in his 20s, so it just took a marathon.

I don't really care if I never shoot a round of golf under my age. I'd just like to live as many years as my typical 18 hole score is right now!

Way to go Don!
You've inspired me to push my boundary some - I've gone 55 earlier this year - I'm 59 though. I'm going to try to go for 59 and 1 extra for good luck this week. hopefully I'll survive and be able to continue this as a yearly tradition. :)-D)

Spouse grew up in Bowie before we spent our time at Annapolis. You must've had to tow a water trailer to keep up with the humidity and the sweating!
Fall hit early. We are having picture perfect weather this week. Low humidity, early morning lows in the upper 50s/60s, highs around 80. Heaven. We have another long ride planned for tomorrow.

I rode 16 this morning, wish I still felt like I was that age.

R

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom