Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbcal View Post
OK it's my turn to brag a little. Have been FIRE'd for around 4 years now. No weight problems as I run >20 miles per week in the hills. And I like to garden and then there is fire wood chopping ... oh well, you get the picture . I just love to sweat and my DW makes me take one shower per day.

You also might try moving. I'm pretty low weight but that took even the little bit of fat off me when we moved after 25 years at the same location. Lots of moving activity.

Seriously, if you want to get rid of that extra weight all you have to do is get moving doing something instead of talking about it.
Congratulations!

Moving isn't the issue right now. I bike about 100 miles a week and run 7 to 20 miles a week. I too like to workout - it makes me feel good. But I don't keep a bunch of food at the office so it's easy to control eating during the day...but once I FIRE I wonder if it will be hard to maintain good eating habits. Guess I'm afraid I'll eat if I get bored. Looks like it hasn't been an issue for most folks so I hope it won't be for me either.
Chaos Abounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Abounds View Post
Congratulations!

Moving isn't the issue right now. I bike about 100 miles a week and run 7 to 20 miles a week. I too like to workout - it makes me feel good. But I don't keep a bunch of food at the office so it's easy to control eating during the day...but once I FIRE I wonder if it will be hard to maintain good eating habits. Guess I'm afraid I'll eat if I get bored. Looks like it hasn't been an issue for most folks so I hope it won't be for me either.
Sounds like you have very good workout habits now. There is no reason to think that you will change your healthy habits once FIRE'd. Personally I used to have my goal set to >15 miles per week running. Now I have the time to get it up to >20. Also you'll have more time to stock up your kitchen with perhaps better quality snacks and the time to prepare healthier food.
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I dropped about 15 lbs the first year of retirement ... no serious excercise. Just more snow skiing and golf.

Something about sitting behind a desk 10 hours/day eating what ever co-workers brought in to share ... made me fatter.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

A fat kitchen makes a lean will (Ben Franklin).

My system: nothing except fruit between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and 4 PM snack. IOW, no uncontrolled, absent minded snacking. I can eat energy bars on long bike rides.

This has worked well for me.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
A fat kitchen makes a lean will (Ben Franklin).

My system: nothing except fruit between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and 4 PM snack. IOW, no uncontrolled, absent minded snacking. I can eat energy bars on long bike rides.

This has worked well for me.
Then there is the 4pm wine and cheese hour !!! I like a Cab with a little Gruyere. After those workouts we deserve it.
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #46
Confused about dryer sheets

My mother retired 4 years, she is very active now and not gain the weight!
olla86 is offline   Reply With Quote