Join Early Retirement Today

Do you Dream more ?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Do you Dream more ?

I am several years or more away from FIRE, so am still racing that darn rat (it always wins). This weekend I managed to sleep more than normal and had a number of vivid dreams, which is unusual for me. Thinking of this and then remembering the numerous posts of many on this board about how rested and relaxed one becomes after he/she is FIRE'd the question shown above occurred to me.

So, as a side effect of retirement - Do you dream more than you did before retirement?
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not waking to an alarm clock is key to remembering dreams. When I was a teenager I kept a dream diary by my bedside. The dreams I wrote down then, I still remember to this day.

I too am having more remembered dreams since ER. I might try a dream diary again. I found it very rewarding to discover the richness of my inner life back then, as I do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
EastWest Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I rarely remember dreams, but it seems to me, (and this goes back 'forever'), that, if I'm sleeping I'm dreaming......like one continuous lifelong data dump.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Maybe more dreams since retiring but fewer nightmares.
Car-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #5

Well, if you practice Dream Yoga, you can remember your dreams everyday. I did it when I was younger. But being too busy with professional life has not given me some memories of my dream. When I have a vivid dream, it is usually a premonition of the future.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Maybe more dreams since retiring but fewer nightmares.
Same here but unfortunately many of my dreams are about my former work place. However, the dreams make very littlesense just like my former mega corp
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #7

Yes more dreams. Less dreams of missing deadlines or bad things at work.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6miths View Post
Yes more dreams. Less dreams of missing deadlines or bad things at work.

Glad I'm not alone. I've been having dreams about missing meetings, missing flights, not being prepared for a meeting, junk like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
irishgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I have no idea if I dream more or not, but I feel more rested in the morning.
FIREd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

I don't remember many dreams. Didn't dream much when I w*rked either. There were a few times doing development projects when I debugged code in my sleep. I never got paid for that effort.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgal View Post
I've been having dreams about missing meetings, missing flights, not being prepared for a meeting
Of the dreams that I (partially) remember, this is an ongoing meme, and I haven't been employed for 27 years.

I'm in a large office, apparently getting ready to go out on a major customer contact - trouble is, I have absolutely no idea what the company I supposedly work for does.......(while, of course, everyone around me appears to be totally clued in and efficient).

In one particular variation...and the only one I can still remember distinctly....I'm laden with files that I'm presumably supposed to have read, (but don't understand), and on a bus to a downtown meeting...except...I look out the bus window and we're driving through rural countryside.

Oh...and yes...I'm hopelessly late.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote