Do you see your neighborhood differently now that you're there all the time?

Ha, Ms G was at Trader Joes today, but it's a three hour drive home.:facepalm:

Ha, Ms G was at Trader Joes today, but it's a three hour drive home.:facepalm:
Whoa, pretty different. I hope you really, really enjoy whatever she bought!

Just got back from walking to the park for sun-bathing. About a 12 mph north wind blowing, but I found a nice lee spot where the sun got in and warmed the stones, but the wind mostly stayed out. Felt good to be embarked again. Usually I begin at the equinox, but it was just too cold this year.

Ha

Little too subtle for this crowd...
Thanks. I needed it to. I thought it referred to some FBI series witness protection TV series I had missed. Now I remember that the Darrel's had changed!

Since ER'ing, I have spent a lot of time getting to know folks in my town. Did a lot of volunteer work, ran (and won) a few lowly/volunteer type elected positions in town government (not hard to win in a small town).

Now I can quite honestly say, that I have had the time to meet a lot of my neighbors and get to know them...it may be time to move. ;)

Now I can quite honestly say, that I have had the time to meet a lot of my neighbors and get to know them...it may be time to move. ;)
The kind of people who do not grow on you, huh?

OMG, I had forgotten about that place. Never went there myself, but you're right... I remember exactly where it is/was. Everybody knows where it is, especially those who are/were Navy.

Here, I sometimes give directions by referring to one of the old Schwegmann's grocery stores, even though that chain went out of business the year I arrived. Also, I describe a certain shade of purple as "K&B purple" even though K&B was history long before I got here. So many places have disappeared from New Orleans, that we even have an often used phrase to describe it: "Ain' dere no mo". And we wistfully remember by using their locations when we give directions. Kind of like remembering an old friend.

Ain't Dere No More - YouTube

Yep. Even up here in greater KC, I remember. I too used to 'make groceries' and catch a Schway -ga mens bag full of beads at Mardis Gras.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:

Last edited:
Yep. Even up here in greater KC, I remember. I too used to 'make groceries' and catch a Schway -ga mens bag full of beads at Mardis Gras.

heh heh heh - :greetings10:

Nice memories, huh. :) I think Benny Grunch is a real jewel and he will be greatly missed when he "ain't dere no mo" himself.

Back
Top Bottom