Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Done ERd today
Old 12-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sounds like me when I left at 54. I was coach of the cross-country team.

You know the term "rabbit".

That was me!

I left in June '97 and I swore I WOULD NEVER BE ONE OF THOSE OLD RETIRED FARTS WHO TOOK AWAY A JOB FROM A ROOKIE.

I remember when I was a kid in the 50's and my dad was in his late 30's. He was a RR brakeman but was being constantly laid off because the oldtimers who had had a long career couldn't give it up and let a younger man earn a decent living for his family.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Contratulations, newguy, I am now in my 7th month of retirement from teaching and still feel the euphoria. We've also relocated to a different state and are relishing the fresh air, freedom from the Southern California rat race, no state sales tax, and our new much lower cost of living.

--Henry David Thoreau
Retire Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #43
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire Soon
Contratulations, newguy, I am now in my 7th month of retirement from teaching and still feel the euphoria. We've also relocated to a different state and are relishing the fresh air, freedom from the Southern California rat race, no state sales tax, and our new much lower cost of living.
That is probably my one mistake, the tax structure in NC is not super, but it sure is lower than NJ!!

Plus having my wife HAPPY around her family will help.

So I might have to do a few extra weeks of sub teaching or other easy fun part time work will pay for the small extra tax that I might have to pay. They tax your cars property tax adds up to about 390.00 a year for our vehicles. The real estate tax is 3300K a year. Hey I will make almost a 100 dollars a day sitting in a classroom being a sub teacher with no real difficult requirements. Then I got the varsity track coaching position at one of the best private schools in NC for this spring.

Kool!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote