Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Each Winter in a different warm place
Old 04-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Re: Each Winter in a different warm place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
We are still too new at this RVing to feel comfortable going without reservations. Call me chicken but at this early stage I want to know I have a place to park the Beast.
Well if you are planning to spend a month or more in an area that is in peak season, you probably will need reservations. Those places can get really crowded. It really depends on how you like to travel.

We loved our Casita, but a month long trip was the longest we ever took in it. It was quite clear to me that if we went for longer travel we would need something bigger - especially in case of inclement weather (including wind) you are stuck inside in a pretty small space! Of course my husband is 6'4" so he was a little cramped. Still, we enjoyed the heck out of that trailer - so cleverly compact, so easy to tow and set up, could fit virtually anywhere.

But I have known couples who happily spent 6 months in a Casita. Then they decided to go fulltime and upgraded to a 5th wheel.

Once we went full time we went straight from the Casita to a diesel pusher Class A. Talk about moving from a cabin to a castle! LOL!

Have I mentioned www.campgroundreviews.com ? Use it to weed out the less desirable RV parks.

Audrey
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!