ER life evaluation.

I have had a life more varied and interesting than some, but less than others.

Now in ER, I end up with more money than some, but less than others.

And that's all I can say about that. The above are 2 sentences too.

I suppose that's true for all of us.

:LOL:

A unique life I have had, but then we all have our own special circumstances. And when we are gone, not too many people will miss us.

"Dust in the wind...", sang Steve Walsh of the Kansas band in a favorite song of mine.

...no kids and a good group of friends. I've published a few scientific papers and worked on some cool optical systems.

My biggest regret is the no kids bit...
That's exactly my two sentences too, nun! No kids, good group of friends, wrote some cool software that made a difference in my niche, and my biggest regret is the no kids.

But I just saw a thread a little down the board -- the guy's 60, ER'd with a 33 year old wife and 8 year old kid -- maybe there's hope for us still?

I was lucky enough to be brought up by parents who taught me how to treat others, how to be responsible, how to be self-disciplined and persevere through ups & downs. Did my best (usually) to apply same.

Last edited:
:LOL:

A unique life I have had, but then we all have our own special circumstances. And when we are gone, not too many people will miss us.

"Dust in the wind...", sang Steve Walsh of the Kansas band in a favorite song of mine.

"And all your money won't another minute buy..."

My two run-on sentences:

Married my high school sweetheart 32 years ago, we both had great careers with great employers, lived modestly and invested heavily while raising two great kids who are now in their mid 20s. I'm 53, ERed last year, wife still working OMY, NW just under $3M, and looking forward to catching up on all the stuff I didn't have time for while working... like playing guitar, woodworking, building PCs, getting in shape, plus traveling with no pressed shirts in my bag.

Dust in the wind is a great song and I like it a lot. But this thread reminded me how true this song is. We will all end up being dust and soon (less than a blink of an eye in cosmic time). Stardust, that's what we are.

Back
Top Bottom