ER version of TGIF?

Lisa99

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
caught myself thinking this morning 'thank god it's Friday'...been one of those weeks.

So curious, is there an ER version of TGIF?

Thank god its Monday!

Yes! On Monday all the non-retired are off the streets and back in their cubicles, and stores and restaurants are no longer jammed.

I really blew it this week - - might have to go grocery shopping on Saturday, unless I can get there today. Ugh. Bad timing.

Yes there is an equivalent....

TGTWO...thank god the weekend is over (so we have the world back to ourselves)

At one place I w*rked, some people wore a button on Fridays that said POETS.

P1$$ On Everything, Tomorrow's Saturday.

I used to hate Mondays all the years I worked. Now my favorite day is Monday because the week is full of possibilities. I can't believe how fast the days of the week roll by!

Definitely "Thank God it's Monday". For the same reasons W2R outlined.

True enough, but Saturdays seem to have fewer entitled young women pushing anyone with gray hair out of the way with their $#@! giant strollers.

Amethyst

I look forward to Mondays so I can go to the gym, get my hair cut, do some shopping etc., without dealing with all the crazy employed people trying to cram a life into Saturday and Sunday.

I really blew it this week - - might have to go grocery shopping on Saturday, unless I can get there today. Ugh. Bad timing.

The trick I learned is get out Sunday morning before 1000. It's been tried true and tested in two states so far.

For me, it's TGI:

Monday-Friday: 0530-0630, 0900-1130, 1300-1430, 2100-0000

Saturday: 0530-1000, 2300-0000

Sunday: 0530-1000

Not that I've really been keeping track.

I came home early today from work and was amazed at how quiet the streets were. I think I am going to like being an Early Retiree!

Tomcat98

My Dad use to say every day is like a weekend when he was retired. I remember taking a day off to go golfing with him and one of his retired buddies and in that car on the way to the course they mentioned what day it was and I corrected them - it actually took me five minutes to convince them that it wasn't the day of the week they thought it was. Nice problem to have I guess.

It does seem to me that many things are kinda backwards compared to what the working world does.

I try to do little when others are doing a lot, and vice-versa. During the week, I have my hobbies, both midday and weekday evening, which keep me busy and provide me enjoyment. I also do my errands along the way, as I am out and about so it is easy to stop at the stores on the way out or on the way home. The stores are not too busy so it is pretty easy, as you fellow ERs know.

On the weekends, however, I avoid the stores while my hobbies take their time off. But my ladyfriend works F/T so her best times for us is then although I do get together with her on some weeknights (she shares some of my ER hobbies). So, in a strange way, my weekend is a time of relative rest from my own daily "grind" but I don't have to use the weekends to compete with the rest of the world to get my errands done.

Works for me, so to speak! :)

caught myself thinking this morning 'thank god it's Friday'...been one of those weeks.

So curious, is there an ER version of TGIF?
"Thank God it's... ummm.... uh.... .... What day is it:confused:"

Calendars? what calendars?

DW has a cousin who owns a very old grandfather clock. Very, very old. It only has one hand to show the hour (and was made that way, the minute hand didn't fall off).

I find myself staring at it when we visit; I just think it's so cool.

DW has a cousin who owns a very old grandfather clock. Very, very old. It only has one hand to show the hour (and was made that way, the minute hand didn't fall off).

I find myself staring at it when we visit; I just think it's so cool.
I would guess that's an 18th century clock.

In ER TGIF=TGIM

Thank god its Monday!

Yes! On Monday all the non-retired are off the streets and back in their cubicles, and stores and restaurants are no longer jammed.

I totally agree, but lately it seems more and more people are out on weekdays. It's probably partly due to the unemployment situation, but it's more than that. A friend and I used to take of work to see movie premiers. 15 years agao we could see the 4:00 show on the Friday a movie premiered and be nearly alone in the theater. Then that got more crowded so we moved to noon showings. Then those started to get crowded, so we moved to the following Monday and still those were crowded.

Were people getting more time off? Were they just trying to avoid the crowds like we were but a few years behind us on the curve? And what of the unemployed and under-employed? How can people without jobs afford movies and shopping at Costco and all the other places that seem crowded all the time now?

Thank God its very early Wednesday morning, maybe? TGIVEWM! Never Tuesday. All the retired seniors are out shopping!:D

I totally agree, but lately it seems more and more people are out on weekdays. It's probably partly due to the unemployment situation, but it's more than that. A friend and I used to take of work to see movie premiers. 15 years agao we could see the 4:00 show on the Friday a movie premiered and be nearly alone in the theater. Then that got more crowded so we moved to noon showings. Then those started to get crowded, so we moved to the following Monday and still those were crowded.

Were people getting more time off? Were they just trying to avoid the crowds like we were but a few years behind us on the curve? And what of the unemployed and under-employed? How can people without jobs afford movies and shopping at Costco and all the other places that seem crowded all the time now?

Thank God its very early Wednesday morning, maybe? TGIVEWM! Never Tuesday. All the retired seniors are out shopping!:D

At the gym I go to in Az, it's most crowded at around 11 on weekday mornings. Seems to me like a good time to miss the crowds - but as I look around, nobody in the place is under 55. I guess all the Er's figured midday weekdays would be less crowded, and then created the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom