ER'd a week and a problem.

Starry night,

Best of luck as you start this new adventure. Keep us posted on how things go.

samclem

Starry Night,

Congratulations! Sounds like my last day, only it was smoked salmon, cheese platters, fresh fruit and other goodies with the chocolates. I have to say that I have not missed the office at all. Called in once so far to get an address and kept the call brief. I have already settled into a nice little routine which includes a few hours here trading smack with the resident crazies when I'm not exploring the world around me. I have several hours all to myself until my wife gets home from her part time job and I love it. You will too, so get out there and make us proud!

setab

Starry Night...

Congratulations and welcome to the unemployed/retired. Hope you enjoy your free time as much as I do.

setab said:
.. but I can't believe how little I miss work.

setab
Bingo!

And after a while you'll wonder how you ever had the TIME to work!!

Audrey

HFWR said:
Use to be able to sing Mr. Young, but it's a bit harder these days. Always liked "On the Way Home", the acoustic solo version of the Buffalo Springfield song. Also did "Heart of Gold", "Old Man", "Don't Let It Bring You Down"...

Long time comin', long time gone...

Now what was the topic... Oh, yeah, BOOBS!! :p
We play a lot of Neil (and Tom Petty is also big with us), "Don't Let It Bring You Down" gets played pretty regular, the others you mention once in a while. "Down by the River", "Cortez the Killer", "Like a Hurricane", "Hey Hey My My" "The Loner", "Mr. Soul", and "Rockin' in the Free World" all get regular interpretation.
images

Now let's get back to boobs! 8) :D

ER'd TWO DAYS and No Problems!!

Thanks, everyone, for the many well-wishes and great music references.

My psuedonym selection "Starry Night" is both an homage to Van Gogh who has inspired me with his passionate works, lovely places (Auvers, Arles, Museums in Amsterdam and Kroller-Muller, etc.) and too short and troubled a life --- AND the beautiful and life-affirming activity of simply gazing at the night sky. Looking forward to so many of those evenings (at least until major mosquito season descends upon North Florida).

More imput later.....

Starry Night said:
My psuedonym selection "Starry Night" is both an homage to Van Gogh who has inspired me with his passionate works, lovely places (Auvers, Arles, Museums in Amsterdam and Kroller-Muller, etc.) and too short and troubled a life --- AND the beautiful and life-affirming activity of simply gazing at the night sky.  Looking forward to so  many of those evenings (at least until major mosquito season descends upon North Florida).
Whew, what a relief, we were afraid that you were a Don McLean fan...

Nords said:
Whew, what a relief, we were afraid that you were a Don McLean fan...

Eeewwww!
But we can try John Prine, Loudon Wainwright II and Leonard Cohen. "Everybody Knows..."

Congratulations Starry Night. Hope you enjoy it immensely.

I have always been a Neil Young fan and can't believe how many others there are on this forum.

Dreamer

I doubt I can articulate why, but this particular thread made me more certain about ER than anything else I've read on this board for the past year. Reading the immediate feelings and experiences of those who have made the leap, I guess.

My feelings are probably amplified by the fact that I found a newspaper article last night about a woman I had been acquainted with - not friends, just moved in the same circles. At 52 she was very suddenly diagnosed with lymphoma - went through horrendous treatment, including stem cell transplant and having a stroke. She survived, but barely.

I've never had such a strong, "That could have been me" feeling, which brought on an even stronger, "All the things I wouldn't have had time do to" feeling.

Sorry if this derails the thread.

I love Neil Young's music. ;)

Sheryl,

That is precisely the point behind the thread. I'm now starting week three and if anything the feelings have intensified. Shortly after I made the decision to retire, I sang at the funeral of a man eight years younger than I am. It emphasized the priorities for me.

setab

My feelings about this ER thing....

A few weeks ago I quietly and earnestly had a talk with my God and thanked him for allowing me to have all I do have and especialy for not having to stay/work at the place I was. I felt like I was being punished there.

Now in this space and time I feel so good. I still make mistakes and do dumb things but ...... nobody cares!!!! Neither do I !!!!

Live long, Love much, and pay attention

Hugs to all
Kay in Kentucky

Kitty,

I love your posts; please keep them coming. I am not quite the minimalist you are, but your thread above helped me decide that there are a lot of things that are just stuffm and I don't need anymore stuff. Good to hear from you.

setab

Kitty/Kay

I've been enjoying readng your blog too. What an adventure you're going through.

It could have been a Beatles thing, too.....

("Starry" Night)

Back
Top Bottom