Join Early Retirement Today

Even nursing a cold after ER helps quicker recovery
Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Even nursing a cold after ER helps quicker recovery

Just have to share this - I have been nursing a nasty cold for the week. I must say it is wonderful not to have to go to work. Before ER, the most I usually allow myself to go on sick leave is two days but now that I ER, I can rest and sleep whenever I like (I really slept a lot!). I also get to avoid the working crowd, commuting to work, the business area which is usually more polluted and the hateful air conditioning in the office - all of which does not help a speedy recovery. Now, I get to cook my meals and make hot soup. Even, do some light exercise to sweat it out. Sleep early, take naps and wake up later. I know all these activities, which I would not have had a chance to do when I was working, have contributed to a quicker recovery. I feel so much better today and it is only less than a week. I usually am sick for around 2 weeks when I had to work. It was such a torture to go to work and attend meetings, meet deadlines and try to still look smart and intelligent when all I wanted was to sleep but now, I just had to cancel 3 social appointments and I should be back to my routine by tomorrow! Another plus for ER!
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscyn View Post
.........Another plus for ER!
+1. I used to get sick often and my colds lasted way more days than I felt comfortable taking off. My belated apologies to my fellow workers.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote