Fidelity wants Me and You to work for them

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
No pop up ad blocker. Seems Fidelity found out I am un-employed again. They suggest I should join them :LOL:

I would not make it thru the first week of training as a Fund / security / Annuity ? Insurance , etc. salesman even if I seriously tried.

I might give a try at being a Stand Up Philosopher
. Mel Brooks is 92 and still has his marbles. Bea Arther died a few years back :(.

I don't use the ad blockers. Actually useful in getting better prices on things I have been looking for.

Haven't gotten the pop up ads for Jet fuel lately. I guess they fixed the glitch on estimating my net worth. ;)

A friend of mine, also retired, has been touting Juice Plus on FB. Periodically she'll post about how she and her husband now have the energy to mow the lawn and then play 18 holes of golf, etc. She also posts 10-day "Challenges" to eliminate sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, etc. and replace some meals with- guess- what- Juice Plus products. Well, heck, MOST people would feel better if they cut out sugar, caffeine, alcohol. etc.

So.... she sends me a private message on FB. She asks if I'd be "open to a little part-time income, helping others to get healthy and an opportunity to build relationships". I tactfully told her no and that I'm not interested in challenges which require me to give up alcohol or caffeine. (My BMI is on the low end of normal, I do over an hour of cardio every day, but I do have my vices.) I also hate selling. She brushed that off and went into a long description of how great the products were and said "the residual income is nice". I told her that, without getting into TMI, I don't need residual income.

That stopped the sales pitches.

so what is their health-care plan like :confused:?

no one else seems to smile after they read ' chronic heart failure '
which is a shame because there are a few more interesting lines after that like impaired lung function , etc etc .

and what about funeral insurance is that included ... maybe if i swap out dental ( i have dentures ) that will sweeten the deal ...

LOL LOL

Was there a "help wanted" part that I missed? I'm interested to see what they are offering.

She also posts 10-day "Challenges" to eliminate sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, etc. and replace some meals with- guess- what- Juice Plus products. Well, heck, MOST people would feel better if they cut out sugar, caffeine, alcohol. etc.

What is with posting 'challenges' for other people to take up?

I have acquaintances who post challenges for all sorts of things from a challenge to do 200 crunches a day, to pledging $5 a mile to somebody I don't know who is doing a walk for a charity I know nothing about. One guy challenged me to get 50 signatures on a petition to support a change in a law. HUH!??!? What next, water balloons at 20 paces to raise money for feral cats in Lower Slobovia?

I don't understand why all these people want to challenge me. Do they think I am going to eat some food, change my exercise routine or give money to a cause I know nothing about because I am challenged by somebody whom I know very casually?

Back on topic: Often these opportunities to make extra cash are just thinly veiled sales pitches. After you buy the product(s) and maybe a sales kit, you are stuck figuring out why in the world you want to spend you time annoying other people.

I have never accepted any of these challenges, but I did post 1 once: the 30-day napping challenge - do you have what it takes? I definitely do.

What is with posting 'challenges' for other people to take up?

I have acquaintances who post challenges for all sorts of things from a challenge to do 200 crunches a day, to pledging $5 a mile to somebody I don't know who is doing a walk for a charity I know nothing about. One guy challenged me to get 50 signatures on a petition to support a change in a law. HUH!??!? What next, water balloons at 20 paces to raise money for feral cats in Lower Slobovia?

I don't understand why all these people want to challenge me. Do they think I am going to eat some food, change my exercise routine or give money to a cause I know nothing about because I am challenged by somebody whom I know very casually?

Back on topic: Often these opportunities to make extra cash are just thinly veiled sales pitches. After you buy the product(s) and maybe a sales kit, you are stuck figuring out why in the world you want to spend you time annoying other people.
Yeah, I don’t get the FB “challenges” i.e. tasks assigned.

Back
Top Bottom