FIREd today. Thanks!

megacorp-firee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have just finished my last workday. After 30 years, I am now retired. Thanks to all on this board for helping me with your advice and support. I would not have done it without a ton more angst and stress without you. In one small cyberspace, you have a wealth of talent and knowledge that any potential FIREe needs. You guys (and gals) are the best. :-*

way to go. Congratulations. welcome to the FIRE

Well done! I seem to remember you were among the first to offer me congrats when I posted a similar message, let me return the favour.

I'm envious, only 30 years. Was that at your last job, or total for all of them? I put in 40 and still managed to ER at 58.

Thanks all. I just saw the Cadillac commercial, where the older guys are welcoming the younger guys (both parties arriving in Caddies) to the 'world of gentlemen, gentlemen'. That's what this feels like. The response from one of the younger guys was '... glad to be here'... and it is.

let me return the favour.

I'm envious, only 30 years. Was that at your last job, or total for all of them? I put in 40 and still managed to ER at 58.
Thanks Kumquat. My one and only job was at megacorp for 30 years, ... it just felt like 40 at times :D. I did do a little time with Uncle Sam in my youth. 56 this year.

:D:D:D Can't stop grinning from ear to ear

Congratulations on your new and wonderful chapter in life.

Congratulations! After my first week of retirement I can reccomend it. Actually I am officially on vacation until July 30th. I am happily tired as I have been doing a lot of catch up on chores at home and visiting relatives who are on the mend from surgery. I have however been getting two hours more sleep each night.

Bruce

Thirty years in one place is becoming so rare. Congratulations on your new life!

Awesome! Every post like this is an inspiration to those of us still trying to get there. Congratulations, now that you're megacorp-free!

Coach

Congratulations!

Thanks all. I just saw the Cadillac commercial, where the older guys are welcoming the younger guys (both parties arriving in Caddies) to the 'world of gentlemen, gentlemen'. That's what this feels like.

This is what I think of when we have threads like this: In a Farside cartoon, there's a bunch of dogs next to a busy freeway. One dog has just run across the freeway, and another says "Awright! Rusty's in the club!"

Congratulations, and best wishes on this new phase of your life!

Congratulations Mega...... time to drop the Corp from your name?
You guys & gals who have made it are role models for the rest of us!

Megacorp congrats. we both retired yesterday and I too am thankfull I found this site last year. Enjoy the next phase of life I'm sure gonna try:D:D:D

Soon you'll wonder how you ever found time to work.

Congratulations! I've been FIREd for a month and I have never slept better and my blood pressure hasn't been this low since high school.

Congratulations, Mega!!! Your new life has begun!!! Enjoy!!!

I FIRE'd 3 months ago after just over 30 years on the rock pile! Life's GREAT!!!

Four of my former, fellow co-w*rkers officially pulled the plug yesterday, each with 30 years! They're all happy, smiling, and giddy, like little kids be tickled with feathers!!! I still am too!

Again, congrats!!! :D

:D:D:D Can't stop grinning from ear to ear[/quote]

Congrats!! I know what you mean about the smile. I was afraid that I was going to have an accident on the way home from the airport shortly after telling the national sales manager I was gone in a month - I was truly laughing - pretty much out of control. The smile will continue. It's kind of like a "two beer buzz" all the time!:D

Congratulations! I've been FIREd for a month and I have never slept better and my blood pressure hasn't been this low since high school.

Sorry to post 2X but I had to agree w/ Jake. I was borderline hypertensive 2 years ago while working for megapharma-
Even at the doctors office ( I tend to get "white coat fever" - higher BP because of potential glove/KY )
My BP was 118 over 74 last week :)

This ER must be OK

Sorry to post 2X but I had to agree w/ Jake. I was borderline hypertensive 2 years ago while working for megapharma-
Even at the doctors office ( I tend to get "white coat fever" - higher BP because of potential glove/KY )
My BP was 118 over 74 last week :)

This ER must be OK

My BP is down from 176/96 to 132/78 .

Congratulations! It's great to hear the built-up anticipation, THE DAY, and the after days. Very exciting.
Let me be the first to say "Hey, watcha gonna do with all that time??:confused:"
:) LOL
I am looking forward to the same pattern in about 8.5 years.
Enjoy life!

Congratulations! Always happy to hear another success story. Please stick around to let us know how FIRE is treating you.

Back
Top Bottom