German Billionaire Commits Suicide

tryan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A good reminder that there is more than FIRE living than $$:

German billionaire Adolf Merckle has committed suicide after his business empire, which included interests ranging from pharmaceuticals to cement, ran into trouble in the global financial crisis, his family said Tuesday.

The 74-year-old’s body was found Monday night on railway tracks at Blaubeuren in southwestern Germany,

Billionaire kills himself over financial crisis - World business- msnbc.com

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich — yes, richer than a king —
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

"Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle." -- Plato

What a sad story. He might very well have enjoyed his remaining days on earth more than any that had preceded them, had he not thrown his life away.

I guarantee you one thing, if I ever lose over a billion dollars I'm gonna pull the plug too. :-\

And miss all that golf? Aw, c'mon... I know that you have a better idea than that, of what is REALLY important.

Want2,
You really need to bring back the photo of yourself you use to use an an avatar.

I will do that pretty soon, but that wasn't a photo of me... it was a photo of German model/actress Eva Habermann. Thanks for the compliment, though!

This avatar isn't a photo of me, either. It's a photo of a homeless man that I took when visiting Portland, Oregon. I was trying to get that picturesque wedge shaped building in the background, when he stepped right in front of the car and got in my picture.

Poor guy appears to be going through hard times. It reminds me that economy crashing or not, most of us are doing a lot better, relatively speaking. I'll bet Adolf Merkle was doing better, as well.

Last edited:
W2R, enough of your lies and deception. Admit it's really you so poor old Rustic can keep his fantasy alive. :)
Say it's not SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:2funny: Well, on the other hand I never said that I am NOT German model/actress Eva Habermann, either.... :D Sprechen-zie Deutsch? (sp)

You can be anyone you want to be, on the internet.

I don't want to be that homeless man, though! What's that Mae West quote? "I have been rich, and I have been poor. Believe me, rich is better."

I guarantee you one thing, if I ever lose over a billion dollars I'm gonna pull the plug too. :-\

I think I could probably console myself with the couple billion I had left. What do you think the odds ar that he went from 9.2 billion to less than a billion?

At the very least he could have hired a hitman to kill him in his sleep rather than having all his bones broken and being squished in two by the trains wheels.

Merckle’s body was found Monday night on railway tracks at Blaubeuren in southwestern Germany, prosecutors in nearby Ulm said.
Looks like a hit that was supposed to appear like suicide.
Follow the money.

In a year or in a lifetime? Is that counting the chipping/putting side bets, or just based on the annual skins TV show tournament?

It was really sad and I thought since he was already 74 why did he not just enjoy the remaining years of his life. He could have done it and still be happy.

Back
Top Bottom