Get your freak on

BUM said:
Nords, Sounds like the amount of time you spend on haircare could be construed as a part time job :eek:
Only thing missing is the pay... it's part of the answer to "Whaddya DO all day?" It's the longest that I've ever worked on a project, too, and it's a challenge keeping it going for another 5-10 years.

I make up for the time spent on haircare by cutting back on the shaving & showering.

Seriously, though, it's teen rebellion. Men's ponytails were not considered to be appropriate attire in 1970s Pittsburgh so I've spent the last four decades complying with one uniform requirement or another. Now it's good to have a choice!

HaHa said:
Hey, you ladies are all "muy lindas"!

I love short hair, the more butch the better. DW has opined this is
due to various kinky aspects of my personality. Could be!

JG

I have wavy curly hair that is difficult to cut unless I go to an expensive hairdresser. Apparently the hair cutters in the cheaper places aren't as familiar with my type of hair. And I'm not willing to pay 30.00 for a good haircut any longer.

So, I'm in the grow it long and put it in a pony tail. As soon as it's long enough so I can braid it, it'll be in a long braid.

KB,

Curly hair can be the prettiest kind of hair. Maybe it is the products that you are using that hinder the cut. I also find that high humidy environments are a sure way to a bad hair day. Good luck.

LL

I live in a very low humidity area for most of the year. It's the bad cuts that make my hair stick out. Very unflattering and I don't like putting a bunch of stuff in it to hold down the ends. With a bad cut, the ends curl up and stick out....all over.

I used to go to someone gave me a good cut, but at 30.00 every 5 weeks, I chose to eliminate that from my budget. When I get tired of longer hair, I'll probably chop it all back off and go back to her. Maybe.

Now that I'm ERd, I'd rather spend the money on eating out or travel.

Yeah. . . I have hair. Sometimes I brush it. Sometimes I get it cut. But not often. :D :D :D

KB, I have curly hair too and end up spending $30 every five weeks for a cut. I am thinking that if I go to really short it won't be so hard to manage.

I have been shaving my head for the last 3 years. Back then, I did get a subtle negative hint about it from the CEO but I ignored it.
Now I shave my face and head every other day after I get out of my Y's steam room.

Martha.....if you stick with every 5 week haircuts, short short hair will probably be a dream.

I fantasize about having short, short hair someday, kind of like what Sinead O' Connor used to have.  I won't look like Sinead, maybe more like a Tibetan nun.  It will be so comfortable in the summer.

The other fantasy is to have really long hair.  Maybe I can have both, short for summer and long for winter.

flipstress said:
I fantasize about having short, short hair someday, kind of like what Sinead O' Connor used to have.  I won't look like Sinead, maybe more like a Tibetan nun.  It will be so comfortable in the summer.

The other fantasy is to have really long hair.  Maybe I can have both, short for summer and long for winter.
Not likely in the same year, if you are talking Sinead short. Unless you use a wig.

But with a wig, you could even go blond.  :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom