Got Time to Wait?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
New roller coaster opened at Universal Studios in Orlando and the wait was 10 hours...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/13/hou...y-potter-coaster-at-universal-in-orlando.html

Within an hour of opening on Thursday, Universal’s newest Harry Potter ride in Orlando, Florida, has a 10-hour wait.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike ride at Islands of Adventure is a $300 million investment from Universal that takes parkgoers on a mile-long journey through the infamous Forbidden Forest on Hagrid’s iconic motorbike.

I haven't been to the Orlando area theme parks since 2005 and at times I would like to visit again, but stories like these (and seeing actual wait times real time via Twitter) really has me thinking that's a bad idea. Maybe in early November it would be better. :blush:

We went in April a couple years ago and it was a lot busier than I expected since it was after Spring breaks and before summer school vacation. Universal was a lot less crowded than Disney. We were tied to those dates by a race we were doing. The Avatar ride at Animal Kingdom was about a 4 hour rate once it opened. We had early park entry since we stayed on site and it was "only" a 2 hour wait. We were got in about 10 minutes late and that probably made a big difference. It was probably the best ride I've ever been on though. Incredible simulation ride.

Hope this ride is better than the over-hyped "Escape from Gringotts", which really wasn't very good at all.

We will never go to an Orlando park, especially Disney, without whatever express pass thing they have. We got a reasonable deal for onsite lodging through Costco.

Ten hours! I just cannot imagine any ride being worth that wait.

The heat and humidity in Orlando is so oppressive now. I live in the area and cannot imagine doing anything outdoors for more than hour. I am always amazed at the number of tourists that come to the "magic kingdom" in the summer.

I got time to wait - until fall or early winter when the crowds will be down, and the newness of the ride would be gone. Result is wait should be a lot less. Now just have to figure out if I want to go down south to Orlando.

It’s been a long time at either Disneyland, but I never remember waiting even an hour!

Not going again.

Hate waiting in lines, and, with regards to amusement park rides, I have a rule stating that my ass should never be higher than my head...

Last edited:
The heat and humidity in Orlando is so oppressive now. I live in the area and cannot imagine doing anything outdoors for more than hour. I am always amazed at the number of tourists that come to the "magic kingdom" in the summer.

And it sounds like there were quite a few storms that caused the ride to be shutdown. So, waiting in a long line (most of which looked to be outside with little shade) and hoping to not get blasted with lightening. Sounds like purgatory to me.

My last visit was almost 25 years ago. I'll wait a little longer.

39 yrs ago. Christmas week. Down near freezing. Lines even then for some things.

heh heh heh - not in a rush to go back.

In 1997, We were living in Washington state and I had orders transferring us to Italy. Our children were not entirely excited about moving to Italy. So I suggested that we stay for a week in Disney World on our way to Italy. It was fun :)

Three years in Italy and I was put onto pension. I have not been back to Florida since then.

It's been years since I've been to a major amusement park.

I think I'll first try Dollywood, high in the East Tennessee mountains where temperatures are milder than Florida. I understand that for children, Dollywood cannot be beat. They also have a major water park on the premises.

We live in the Orlando area now and until recently had their annual passes. The lines in the park are almost nonexistent if you go during their off peak times. October, January, basically whenever the kids are in school. And weather is nicer then too.

Back
Top Bottom