Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Guess I'm a little too late to see this post...

panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Maybe not too late.

Will you see more meteors on the morning of August 14? You might, although we’re now past the peak, and the Perseids typically fall off fairly rapidly after their peak – although this year seems to be an exception to that so far. The August 14 morning might be worth a try. As always, the hours between midnight and dawn are the best time for meteor-watching, no matter where you are on the globe.

growing_older is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #23
We were pretty disappointed. Mostly cloudy skies, and when they did clear, few meteors. DD, in Florida, had the same experience so it wasn't just our location.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
I went out on the deck last night from about 1:00am-2:30am. It was cloudy at first but cleared up enough for me to see one very distinct one and a few shorter and fainter ones. A nearby streetlight and a neighbor's back yard light interfered with the darkness but I was pleased that I had the time and inclination to do this and see one.

Our son was out there with me and we just talked, very quietly. Nice.
Married, both 61. DH retired June, 2010. I have a pleasant little part time job.
Sue J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
Originally Posted by Telly View Post
Where do the Hominids radiate from? There has been a problem with some of them not showering at all.

I will be staying inside at and after dusk, as the West Nile Virus is rampant here this year. Should be OK for the Leonids in November... I hope!
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." Pogo Possum (Walt Kelly)
Nodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
Sunday night at a friends house in Arizona Sky Village.

Community Under the Stars | Feature | Tucson Weekly
For me experiences are not good or bad, just different
grasshopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets
Send a message via AIM to JonnyM Send a message via Yahoo to JonnyM
Well worth the looking so far. In about maybe an hour plus of total viewing time over a couple three nights we've seen numerous streaks in the night sky, and that's with annoying neighbors backyard spotlight on the whole time. Three of them literally left trails, as if some poor alien spaceship was coming in too fast and burned up on landing, AMAZING, you could still see the trail of ash after the meteor burned out! Good Stuff.

It's about the music
JonnyM is offline   Reply With Quote