Great place to Summer in North Carolina Mountains

golftrek

Recycles dryer sheets
I am renting a place for the Summer in the North Carolina Mountains in an area I can highly recommend. The neighborhood is called Linville Land Harbor ("LLH"), near the Town of Linville, NC, right off the Blue Ridge Parkway and about half an hour south of Boone, a good sized town with a University.

LLH has all types of homes for sale or rent all the way from $30,000 cabins to $600,000 Mcmansions. There are nice RV sites too. Most people live at LLH only in the Summer and go to Florida or other places in the winter.

The summer weather is ideal. The altitude is high and the humidity is low, daytime temperatures in the mid 70s.

The neighborhood has a nice golf course, lake and river fishing, tennis, heated pool, nice activity center. There are a lot of planned activities if you are interested.

Close by is a Hospital, Ymca, colleges, neat towns, music and cultural activities. The people are really nice too.

I just stumbled onto this place looking for a cool place for the summer I am just renting this summer but may consider buying. A lot of the original owners are getting old and there are a lot of bargains for sale.

There is a nice Linville Land Harbor website that lists activities and has real estate info. It is a great place for early retirees like myself on a budget.

Jo Ann

Sounds interesting. DW and I are always looking for new places to stay particularly if we can bring the RV along. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

It is not really a resort, no hotels in the neighborhood (although there are hotels and motels in nearby communities). There are cabins, houses and RV sites for rent through individual owners and real-estate agents. It has a resort like feel in that there is a golf course, heated pool, etc. There are no restaurants in the neighborhood (except the grill at the golf course, great burgers) but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

It seems to me it is nice summer neighborhood for retirees who are middle class. You can get a nice place for a reasonable amount.

The website is Linville Land Harbor - Homes In North Carolina

Jo Ann

Back
Top Bottom