Great Site For Those Who Might Like To Improve Foreign Language Pronunciation

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Free demo to create avatars using Text-to-Speech (TTS) by SitePal

Yesterday a son and I went to a bistro in Belltown that had a very nice ambiance, good food and wine, and moderate prices.
I wanted to tell people about the place but didn't want to sound stupid, and I had no idea how to pronounce its name, le pichet.

Here it is. As well as many other words in different languages, all free.

Ha

Great site, thanks. I like the way her eyes follow the cursor.

Very interesting. Thanks Ha.

I still miss Ms. Dewey.

Ms. Dewey

Microsoft (a somewhat well-known computer company) and its traditional agency, MRM Gould, came to EVB with a very ambitious goal – to join Yahoo! and Google as a leader in the online search category.

In response to this challenge, we created one of the most successful and popular online experiences of all time – Ms. Dewey. Named after its seductive, witty and completely fabricated host, Ms. Dewey offered users a more entertaining way to search. Utilizing a database of over 600 pre-recorded responses, the online personality would comment on the user’s keyword searches in her own unique style and would even go through random actions when neglectfully left idle. Her responses often included props and videos and ranged from amusing to downright sassy.

Ms. Dewey instantly became one of the most popular gals on the Internet, receiving over 40 million visitors in her short, but rather glamorous lifetime. All of this attention was thanks in no small part to the 70,000 blog entries, 1,400 site links and countless press hits from the likes of CNBC, USA Today, Forbes and countless others that the site received. And while she is no longer live, Ms. Dewey lives on in a countless number of user YouTube recordings and in daily emails that we still get pleading for her return. (EVB Case Study: Ms Dewey | Evolution Bureau)

She was the ultimate in Search Engine Technology:

YouTube - Ms Dewey, my new girlfriend

Except for a little snippiness when she was terminated, she was perfection personified... and even then.

YouTube - Microsoft's Ms Dewey gone wild

¡Increíble! Totally amazing. I speak fluent Spanish and know a bunch of proper names (like Peruvisan cities), and these speakers all said them perfectly (well, almost perfectly; they had some very minor glitches on some unusual words).

Interesting. I would have guessed "Lay' pitch Hay'", but I heard "LayPitch-it" to "la-Picked" (aussie). I'm sure the staff would have been explained, and if it was a s nice as it sounds, wouldn't have made you feel stupid about it either (after all, their tip depends on not making the customer feel stupid!).

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom