Join Early Retirement Today

Happy Monday Everyone!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Happy Monday Everyone!

OK...so it's more directed to those that are actually retired, but it can serve as a little motivation who are still on the w*rk grind! The weather has been beautiful that last couple of weeks and that has made the weekends in the neighborhood somewhat annoying...lots of sounds that disturb my nice, quiet enjoyment. You know...weedeaters, blowers, children running around acting like..well, children. But now that it's Monday, all the w*rking folks have returned to the salt mines, it's very quiet and enjoyable.

As you can see, I am wearing my Monday best, enjoy some fabulous coffee and listen to nothing but the sweet sounds of the young birds who are enjoying the great weather too.

I LOVE MONDAYS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retired.jpg (371.4 KB, 30 views)

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
OK...so it's more directed to those that are actually retired, but it can serve as a little motivation who are still on the w*rk grind! The weather has been beautiful that last couple of weeks and that has made the weekends in the neighborhood somewhat annoying...lots of sounds that disturb my nice, quiet enjoyment. You know...weedeaters, blowers, children running around acting like..well, children. But now that it's Monday, all the w*rking folks have returned to the salt mines, it's very quiet and enjoyable.

As you can see, I am wearing my Monday best, enjoy some fabulous coffee and listen to nothing but the sweet sounds of the young birds who are enjoying the great weather too.

I LOVE MONDAYS!!!
Only 7 more Mondays at work for me! And two of those Mondays are holidays. 50 calendar days left.

FIRE no later than 7/5/2016 at 56 (done), securing '16 401K match (done), getting '15 401K match (done), LTI Bonus (done), Perf bonus (done), maxing out 401K (done), picking up 1,000 hours to get another year of pension (done), July 1st benefits (vacation day, healthcare) (done), July 4th holiday. 0 days left. (done) OFFICIALLY RETIRED 7/5/2016!!
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

I LOVE MONDAYS!!!
+1

Totally agree, but I have to say that you're one of the really lucky ones if you don't get subjected to weed-eaters, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers on weekday mornings. In my neighborhood it is pretty much a week-long assault on the ears due to how many people around me use landscaping services. If I didn't know better, I'd think my neighbors are intentionally hiring companies that only come out before 9:00am with the specific intent of waking up all the retired folks happily tucked away in their beds.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #4

I'm with you dude, most weekends I try to avoid going out and battling the crowds, it's worse than the plague. M-F is my weekend, no crowds, no traffic jams, and taking my good old time doing whatever the hell I want.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Only 7 more Mondays at work for me! And two of those Mondays are holidays. 50 calendar days left.
I have 8 more Mondays. My last day is 7/15.

I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm a bit apprehensive, because the fun parts of my job are really fun. So I'm glad to read how much others are enjoying retirement. I know I will too.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Happy Monday!

I was just feeling a little guilty for enjoying my coffee and my sunny (finally after 2 1/2 weeks of rain!) backyard while DH is away on a business trip. I RE back in November but been traveling. Today is actually the first sunny day since we've been back, and the realization that I'm actually retired is settling in....Yes, it's sunny outside, so of course I'm gonna work on the garden later, but having coffee at 10:38 am with nothing else accomplished other than surfing the net, is totally OK!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 05-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Today is my 2nd-to-last Monday! I imagine next Monday won't even feel like one
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #8
Administrator

Another ode to Mondays

I love Mondays! I am dressed even more casually this morning than Flyboy5; no shoes and no socks, anyway, barefoot with comfy shorts and T.

The trash truck awakened me at 7 AM promptly this morning, but after it left I went right back to sleep for a couple of hours. Too bad! I slept so late that I completely missed the morning traffic report and watching all those poor commuters enduring what we no longer have to endure. It's probably mean of me to enjoy that, but I do.

Mondays are gym days for us. The Voice is on tonight, I believe, so I can look forward to that. And, the market is open so we get to see whether it drops as predicted or gives us a happy surprise.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #9

It's been 161 Mondays since I've retired...hoping for many more!

Enjoying life!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
It's been 161 Mondays since I've retired...hoping for many more!
570 and counting here. I have to agree Mondays are good days in retirement - as are Tuesday through Sunday.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
+1

Totally agree, but I have to say that you're one of the really lucky ones if you don't get subjected to weed-eaters, lawn mowers, and leaf blowers on weekday mornings. In my neighborhood it is pretty much a week-long assault on the ears due to how many people around me use landscaping services. If I didn't know better, I'd think my neighbors are intentionally hiring companies that only come out before 9:00am with the specific intent of waking up all the retired folks happily tucked away in their beds.
My lawn guy and his assistant arrive like clockwork at 7:50 AM on Wednesdays. They really do need to start early because of the oppressive heat here in New Orleans. He mows and edges almost all the houses nearby too. I don't mind his early arrival time at all once a week, and I choose to get up before he arrives. He and his assistant can finish mowing and edging all the lawns pretty fast since they are right next to each other, and so he is usually gone by 11.

Now, on the weekends it's amateur time. The one or two neighbors who are still mowing their own lawns get out there and mow. I feel sorry for them because very few would choose to spend their weekend time mowing if they had any other choice.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #12

It's Monday?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

By the looks of that coffee mug, we both worked for the same outfit!

Thanks for the reminder it's Monday.

_B
Old 05-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #14

Monday is by far my favorite day of the week. It's the best day to conduct business, as everyone that is w*rking is fresh from their weekend and they have pleasant attitudes and smiles to greet you. By Friday, they are grumpy and frazzled. Today is the day to call Chase to see if they will waive an annual fee on a credit card, run down a medical bill I should not have gotten, and call Vanguard to how they got a bizarre cost basis on a mutual fund that was converted to a brokerage account. Want to get everything done by noon, before folks get tired and cranky.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #15
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Happy Monday!

I spent most of the morning binge watching a new show (after my regular 1 mile walk to school with the kids). I cut up a nice cantaloupe and some apple for a fruit bowl. Windows are open, very nice day out today.

DW has been outside pruning and weeding and cleaning out the shed all morning. I'm about to join her and work on the car we're about to sell. Tinker with refilling the AC refrigerant, replace some interior linings in the trunk.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

At work and dreaming about your Monday. Hic hic...
Old 05-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I love Mondays! I am dressed even more casually this morning than Flyboy5; no shoes and no socks, anyway, barefoot with comfy shorts and T.

The trash truck awakened me at 7 AM promptly this morning, but after it left I went right back to sleep for a couple of hours. Too bad! I slept so late that I completely missed the morning traffic report and watching all those poor commuters enduring what we no longer have to endure. It's probably mean of me to enjoy that, but I do.

Mondays are gym days for us. The Voice is on tonight, I believe, so I can look forward to that. And, the market is open so we get to see whether it drops as predicted or gives us a happy surprise.
Well, around the house I normally don't wear any shoes, so for the "special" picture, I broke out the house slippers. I didn't think it would be very nice to subject everyone to my busted up hooves!
Old 05-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
Administrator

Quote:
Well, around the house I normally don't wear any shoes, so for the "special" picture, I broke out the house slippers. I didn't think it would be very nice to subject everyone to my busted up hooves!
Ha ha!!! I understand. I was going to take a photo of my bare feet to illustrate the post, but after looking at them decided, uh, nope... not ready for prime time exactly.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #19
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
I'm with you dude, most weekends I try to avoid going out and battling the crowds, it's worse than the plague. M-F is my weekend, no crowds, no traffic jams, and taking my good old time doing whatever the hell I want.
Same here. I don't even play golf on weekends due to all the working stiffs clogging the course. I played golf this morning and the course was wide open for my group. Life is good.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Same here. I don't even play golf on weekends due to all the working stiffs clogging the course. I played golf this morning and the course was wide open for my group. Life is good.
Mondays are a great day to get things done. I had my semi-annual dental cleaning late this morning. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes and went to the store for the week's groceries...of course, there was really no one there. Total time away from my paradise I call home? About an hour and 10 minutes.