Hawaiians move to Minnesota

I was one of those stupid tourists you see in the "faces of death" videos. I got so excited, kept running up to different exposures of fresh lava. Night fell, and I looked around and realized I was standing on a floating island of rock with a thin line of lava all around. I felt like donkey in Shrek. "SHREK! I"M LOOKING DOWN!!!" Went back the way I came, hopped over the lava (it was really a good 2-3 feet down in the crack) and promsed myself never to be that dumb again. :eek:

bruce1 said:
I saw six snowflakes around 5:30 this morning :D
BRuce

Pea-size hail fell a couple of days ago in Minneapolis, MN. The temperature has been in the 30s at night and low 50s during the day. Bummer.

Low-to-mid 20s this morning in Iowa. Very balmy ;)

JG,

You think the humidity in TX isn't that bad compared to IL humidity? Wow!! I was melting in TX when I visited Austin in July. Austin seemed hot even at night. I hate humidity period :p :p Can hack it if I have a breeze. I feel destined for Colorado :)

Hey wildcat! I insist that Texas humidity is NOTHING compared to Illinois (I'm talking north Texas here, Dallas and north). I experienced 100+ for 10 days straight on several occasions
and was perfectly comfortable. But, like Paul Terhorst, I just love
hot weather.

JG

JG,

You need to review and revise your last post. You know the humidity here in TX is absolutely unbearable. Not to mention the wildlife.

As I was driving home from work (22 days to eR!!) today I ran over the twin brother to the rattler I killed a few days ago in my driveway.

TX is a miserable place to live! :dead:

REW

REWanabe said:
JG,

You need to review and revise your last post.  You know the humidity here in TX is absolutely unbearable.  Not to mention the wildlife. 

As I was driving home from work (22 days to eR!!) today I ran over the twin brother to the rattler I killed a few days ago in my driveway. 

TX is a miserable place to live! :dead:

REW

Sorry REW. I don't know what got into me. You are correct. It's hotter
than Hell with humidity to match. Scorpians, rattlesnakes, chiggers,
fire ants, etc. Plus everyone is packing heat and/or driving
a big SUV or pickup while they are drink beer. If they hit you you are road
kill. The women all have big hair and the men all have big hats.
Culture is the rodeo where they abuse and torture defenseless
animals. The landscape is flat and parched. All in all a truly
awful place. Abandon hope all ye who chose to enter....... :)

JG

JG,

You ever thought about becoming a preacher? I would sit front row for that service.

wildcat said:
JG,

You ever thought about becoming a preacher?  I would sit front row for that service. 

In a sense I am a preacher already. Spreading the gospel of
Objectivism, cynicism, and rugged individualism across the fruited plain
(or on this site at any rate). Puncturing pusillanimous poltroons
with poetic pontificating produces protagonistic
punditry.

JG

I'm sitting here in Houston, Texas right now visiting an old Navy Buddy of mine. No danger of me ever moving to this place.

I was fearing for my life as I flew into the airport here yesterday. They actually named the placed after the 'Bush League' :D

C-T,

Houston's weekend forecast:
Sat 95 humid and partly smoggy
Sun 95 humid and mostly smoggy

Last year everyone was feeling a little tired and sweaty here in San Diego, and we all couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then someone who had recently moved here explained this "humidity" thing of which you speak of to us. Another great thing about SD is no real mosquito problem. Anyone live in Colorado? My parents own a cabin 40 minutes outside Colorado Springs and whenever I've gone, I've loved it. Awesome place. Snows quite a bit in winter but it doesn't seem to get to that bitter below zero range that makes your flesh ache.

Hah hah...I spent six months in colorado springs. You've been there during exceptional weather. It was colder than Boston the winter I was there.

Dodged a bullet then! :)

I hope the day never comes that I have to make a choice between moving out of high rent CA and retiring later, because I'm pretty sure I'd keep working! :-[

I was all of 19 when I was there. I recall icy coldness, excellent cheeseburgers, and very innovative strip clubs...

In other words, it wasnt ALL bad... >:D

Innovative? That reminds me of my first experience hosting a customer of our business. I was ready to take him out to respectable establishments etc. Ends up he was 3 years younger than me! Long story short we ended up chugging 40 ounces of Mickey's and hanging out at Deja Vu near the freeway until closing! ;)

Wife found the ATM reciept. :-[

Back
Top Bottom