Here's A Nice Part-Time Job For You Good-Looking ERs

I think so! It's great to be friends as well as romanticly interested, don't you think? Nothing kills a romance faster than having no basis in friendship, it seems to me. Well, maybe marriage kills it faster, sometimes. :2funny:

Frank was just pointing out yesterday that we have been together a lot longer than some marriages survive, and we are still crazy about each other. Sometimes, things just work out the way you always knew they should.

You've outlasted my marriage.

For a fellow with money who really likes the cute-no brains-great body bimbette, try sugardaddie.com--THE ultimate golddigger site to find a rich guy (or for the guy seeking a sugar mama, by the way). Been on interview-type tv more than once.

Well I might as well fess up . I met my So on the internet and we've been together eight years . He has an engineering and a law degree . I even remember my add here goes .Don't look for me at the bar scene I'm more a Barnes and Noble type . I read constantly even read cereal boxes if desperate . I'm 5' 5" and the perfect weight for someone 5' 6" . I'm fun ,easy going and generally nice .
Okay maybe that's not exactly it but it's pretty close . I got a lot of answers only a few married guys and only one wacko who kept calling .

Well I might as well fess up . I met my So on the internet and we've been together eight years . He has an engineering and a law degree . I even remember my add here goes .Don't look for me at the bar scene I'm more a Barnes and Noble type . I read constantly even read cereal boxes if desperate . I'm 5' 5" and the perfect weight for someone 5' 6" . I'm fun ,easy going and generally nice .
Okay maybe that's not exactly it but it's pretty close . I got a lot of answers only a few married guys and only one wacko who kept calling .

How cool is that! Sounds like you met your match! Is/was he a lawyer, then? It seems like you are very happy. Did you date a lot of different men from the matchmaking website, or did you find him right away? The coffee shop at B&N is probably the most popular place for first meetings, here, overall (or was in 2000). Maybe you started a trend? :)

I forgot to mention - - as well as married, wanting a place to live, wanting a green card, or being a psycho, some of the guys had custody of their kids and wanted a live in mommy to help them raise the kids. Not my personal cup of tea! And then there's always the "chemistry" factor which can be a problem even when everything else seemed to be right.

Last edited:
................P.S. I was dying my hair then and now have let it go to it's current natural silvery white. I'll bet nobody answers my ad now. I should do one as a test and see.

When I was doing the internet dating thing, I found that in general, the really attractive women didn't post pictures - I guess to use that as a filter to find someone interested in them as opposed to their looks. It worked as an advantage for me, because pictureless posts get many fewer responses. As a balding, average looking guy, I dated more beautiful women than I ever did in my youth.

Men take note. >:D

When I was doing the internet dating thing, I found that in general, the really attractive women didn't post pictures - I guess to use that as a filter to find someone interested in them as opposed to their looks. It worked as an advantage for me, because pictureless posts get many fewer responses. As a balding, average looking guy, I dated more beautiful women than I ever did in my youth.

Men take note. >:D

Hmmm! I didn't put a photo in my ad, mainly because I didn't want contacts from work to see it.

Frank is balding, short, but muscular, and an outstandingly handsome guy (in my opinion). He didn't post a picture, probably because he didn't have a digital camera at the time. Prior to meeting him I always visualized myself with a tall partner, because I am quite tall, and probably we would never have connected in our youth.

Last edited:
Hmmm! I didn't put a photo in my ad, mainly because I didn't want contacts from work to see it.................

I should add that I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone posting here - Orchidflower's post reminded me of what I thought was an interesting aspect of internet dating.

I should add that I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone posting here - Orchidflower's post reminded me of what I thought was an interesting aspect of internet dating.

No problem! I took it as a potential compliment, though in my case it wasn't merited since I had other reasons for not posting my photo.

Want2retire;617063 some of the guys had custody of their kids and wanted a live in mommy to help them raise the kids. Not my personal cup of tea! And then there's always the "chemistry" factor which can be a problem even when everything else seemed to be right.[/quote said:
Funny thing is what clinched the deal with my So is he had custody of four boys the youngest was in high school when we met . When I saw what a great father he was I was hooked .

PS - He did not want any help raising those boys .

Funny thing is what clinched the deal with my So is he had custody of four boys the youngest was in high school when we met . When I saw what a great father he was I was hooked .

PS - He did not want any help raising those boys .

Sounds like the perfect guy for you! :D

=Want2retire;617085

Frank is balding, short, but muscular, and an outstandingly handsome guy (in my opinion
Can't be as good looking as my pic posted earlier in this thread.
coolsmiley.gif

... some of the guys had custody of their kids and wanted a live in mommy to help them raise the kids. Not my personal cup of tea!

That worked the other way too. In my 20's I dated a couple of women with kids who were obviously looking for a meal ticket. Clearly it's a package deal in a situation like that but they scared me off.

Want2Retire, the ex-Washington Senators guy had 4 kids with 2 too close to college ages 16, 17. When this guy was telling me some of his dating history (a mistake, by the way), I noticed all the women had no kids or kids that were grown--but they all had money either thru ex-husbands or really good jobs or businesses. Hmmm...let me see....what ever could that mean that he was after?
I told him when he called to get a read from me about our date that I thought he was so my type (he was physically), but that he had too many kids that he would be needing to send thru college soon. He never called again. Think that's why he was somewhat interested in me? On to the next potential sucker...er, I mean woman.
If I ever do it again, I won't use a photo. Seems you must get the more sincere types like that? I used a good candid shot one of my employees took, and every player, creep, mooch in the nation wrote me. Ugh! I know I got over 100 letters easily, and it wore me down for a couple weeks until I decided I didn't have to do the Southern teaching of my mama and write each a nice thank you

Want2Retire: Balding but muscular sounds great to me, too. I surely don't care if a guy's bald or not. Just think of it as he has too much testosterone...he, he, he!

Haha: In the words of my dead step-mother who was so wise: when I made some snipie remark about some not too attractive gal once chasing the guy I was dating (they had broken up 3 years before): ugly men screw, too. So, this isn't just for good looking er's alone.

Last edited:
Orchidflower, I agree - - baldness in a guy is attractive (especially if the guy is Frank).

Good luck with the online sites. :)

I think one of the problems is people go into online dating thinking they are going to meet losers ,psychos and general weirdo's and they fullfill their thoughts . Sure their are some users and pscho's on the internet but there are also a lot of lonely nice people looking for companionship and maybe even love . So if you really want someone in your life give it a try all you have to lose is a few hours of your time .

I think one of the problems is people go into online dating thinking they are going to meet losers ,psychos and general weirdo's and they fullfill their thoughts . Sure their are some users and pscho's on the internet but there are also a lot of lonely nice people looking for companionship and maybe even love . So if you really want someone in your life give it a try all you have to lose is a few hours of your time .

I would add a suggestion to persist even if it takes more than a few hours to find him! It's your life so be nice to yourself and don't settle for less than you want if the right guy doesn't come along right off the bat. Good for you to turn down that Washington Senators guy, too. You'll find the right guy, and it doesn't sound like he was the one for you.

Last edited:
I'm a little late in reading this thread but...

I met my late husband 20+ years ago thru a local single's newspaper ad. That was the going thing before the internet. We laminated his ad and mounted it on the groom's cake for our wedding.

I would add a suggestion to persist even if it takes more than a few hours to find him! It's your life so be nice to yourself and don't settle for less than you want if the right guy doesn't come along right off the bat.

w2r's advice reminds me of how the author of "What Color is Your Parachute?" (Richard Nelson Bolles?) characterized the job search:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO YES!

The love search might be more important than the job search, so keep tryin'! Not just via the Internet but more venues.

- Easy to say, 'cause I'm not the one looking

Last edited:
Well, [-]some[/-] lots of women might find this short and bald guy kinda cute.

Feel better now, ziggy? :) (I'm sure you're taller than him.)

Attachments

• mini_me.jpg
    mini_me.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom