Honey doo orientation......

I seriously thought this thread was about a Honey Boo Boo list! I will call it that from now on.

From day 1 of our RE, I have loved that DH and I are together a lot of the day and we not only pretty much share the Honey Boo Boo list, we are really appreciative when one of us does something before the other has a chance to even think about it.

My wife is the engineer. I will be putting the honey do list together for her.

It has taken 55 years of marriage to learn those two magic words that make life worthwhile.

"Yes Dear". :angel:

Guess I started a nice conversation.... My DW is a real sweetheart... The honey do list was brought up while I was at work. People would ask me... what you going to do now. I would respond that my wife is going to put me on a two week Honey Do orientation to get me trained up. Acutually my wife is retired and we both work together real well... I might put it this way.. I dig the worms... she baits the hook... we both catch the fish...I clean them and she cooks them.

OP obviously is not where his screen name says he is.

Guess I started a nice conversation.... My DW is a real sweetheart... The honey do list was brought up while I was at work. People would ask me... what you going to do now. I would respond that my wife is going to put me on a two week Honey Do orientation to get me trained up. Acutually my wife is retired and we both work together real well... I might put it this way.. I dig the worms... she baits the hook... we both catch the fish...I clean them and she cooks them.
Ah-hah! So the Honey Do Orientation was a myth you made up to tell your coworkers when they asked "But whadlya do all day?"?

I seriously thought this thread was about a Honey Boo Boo list! I will call it that from now on.

From day 1 of our RE, I have loved that DH and I are together a lot of the day and we not only pretty much share the Honey Boo Boo list, we are really appreciative when one of us does something before the other has a chance to even think about it.

Me too, regarding thinking this was about Honey Boo Boo (hey, I'm dyslexic, so I have an excuse). Since I'm still working, my DW isn't very tough on me with the Honey Do list, but I like the way you described how you and your DH approach things.

Regarding the "honey doo" list, I would advise your wife to chill for a bit. My DH spends an average of 3 hours a day "working" in his [-]detached garage[/-] man cave. He's got a computer, cable TV, and lots of toys including his Kubota tractor out there. Dude worked hard at the same place for 35 years and deserves time to do what he wants even if that's nothing. We divide up the chores and do them when we feel like it. Last thing either of us wants is someone putting on pressure to "be productive".
You're a keeper, tell your DH he needs to appreciate you more. :D

DW suggested that I continue to work part time while she still works. So if she adds something to my list that I don't want to do, I tell her that I have to go to work that day and I won't have time to get her stuff done.

DW suggested that I continue to work part time while she still works. So if she adds something to my list that I don't want to do, I tell her that I have to go to work that day and I won't have time to get her stuff done.

And how's that working for you? :p

d12PHIL-1009x1023.jpg

Men, I may be doing a correspondence course in the single life after retirement.

It has its problems, but none of these!

Ha

i agree... then do it or not. if not, when she reminds me, i agree... then do it or not. if not, when she reminds me.... after a while she has started to get the message. no fight. just took a while to train her.

i agree... then do it or not. if not, when she reminds me, i agree... then do it or not. if not, when she reminds me.... after a while she has started to get the message. no fight. just took a while to train her.

hmmm.... wife in training....:hide:

I eventually learned how to handle 'honey do' lists by responding with a list of my own. That might be partially responsible for why I've never married. Or maybe it was the list's content. Being in polite company means I will not divulge any item that has ever appeared on the list, but their nature can be discerned by the name I used to describe it to the guys: the 'honey do me' list.

This is one time where it's a huge advantage in being single and retired. The only honey do list I get is the one I create for myself. I eventually get things done but on my own time table.

I've never made a honey [-]boo boo[/-] doo list. To me that's a form of nagging, and I loathe nagging...

If I see something that needs to be done/fixed, I'll just start rattling around in one of DH's tool boxes. That gets his attention and before I know it, he'll take care of whatever needs to be done. :D

Last edited:
I've never made a honey [-]boo boo[/-] doo list. To me that's a form of nagging, and I loathe nagging...

If I see something that needs to be done/fixed, I'll just start rattling around in one of DH's tool boxes. That gets his attention and before I know it, he'll take care of whatever needs to be done. :D

Does he do likewise with the duster?:D

Does he do likewise with the duster?:D
:LOL:

He doesn't know where the cleaning products are... You see, I move them around too much. :rolleyes:

Eh...it all works out pretty well. I figger as long as no one is bleeding and nothing is on fire, everything else can wait. :)

Back
Top Bottom