House Hunters on HGTV

I know someone, a former cop, who appeared on several episodes of Northwoods Law. They were paid nothing.

Actually this episode just aired for the first time last night.

So it's new, though not sure when it was filmed.

I saw this episode when it aired the other night.
I was too distracted by the woman’s lipstick to actually pay attention. [emoji23]

I worked with a girl that did HH. She had to have the house already purchased before filming.

I have also heard that they already have the house before filming. I always try to guess which one they are going to choose, and I am almost always wrong!

I love watching the European ones especially Paris, just to see how they live.

I watched one episode recently where the realtor showed them a house that was double their budget. Budget was 1 million, house was 2 million. Who in their right mind does that? I guess it makes for good TV.

The Schengen Agreement allows Americans to stay in Europe for a maximum of 90 days out of an 180 day period. Then we have to leave what is essentially the EU.

What they're saying is that European countries don't want Americans moving there and running up their already too high cost of homes. And they don't want to pay for the healthcare of Americans that have not spend their working years paying taxes. They have national healthcare systems that are really inferior in care.

I never understood why Americans didn't look to Puerto Rico? Beautiful island. Great weather. Same banking systems as the mainland. Same pharmacies, etc. too. Easy 2 hour flight into Miami or Atlanta.

Last edited:
We've been HHI watchers for years and have been in 2 of the show's homes. A friend lived in one in Puerto Morelos and we looked at one in the north side of town in Playa del Carmen.

People who buy rarely think about selling first which is harder to do down there. We just had friends try to sell a nice condo with solar panels and they likely made zilch, but they lived for free for many years.

I never understood why Americans didn't look to Puerto Rico? Beautiful island. Great weather. Same banking systems as the mainland. Same pharmacies, etc. too. Easy 2 hour flight into Miami or Atlanta.

Poor infrastructure, terrible "resented" support from the mainland, RIGHT in the path of most Hurricanes and high crime. Does that answer your question?

I know someone, a former cop, who appeared on several episodes of Northwoods Law. They were paid nothing.

It is against the law for cops to be paid by someone else when doing their job... at least here it is...

The Schengen Agreement allows Americans to stay in Europe for a maximum of 90 days out of an 180 day period. Then we have to leave what is essentially the EU.

What they're saying is that European countries don't want Americans moving there and running up their already too high cost of homes. And they don't want to pay for the healthcare of Americans that have not spend their working years paying taxes. They have national healthcare systems that are really inferior in care.

Because it is very poor... and when I was there most things were in Spanish...

There are places that want Americans (from what I read) like Costa Rica and I believe Panama...

The Brits have a fun series Escape to the Country some real eye candy, however at most one out of 10 shows actually has someone buy a house.

Poor infrastructure, terrible "resented" support from the mainland, RIGHT in the path of most Hurricanes and high crime. Does that answer your question?

Let me add "nowhere to work", crumbling electrical power systems, all fuels and basic feedstocks imported, three refineries shut down permanently, you mentioned crime and I will say "high" and "violent" crime. There's more, but that's enough for now. Did I say they are not happy with people from the Mainland?

Let's move on from bashing Puerto Rico, or any other location, please...

Back
Top Bottom