How to Afford Anything

Orchidflower, this prety much sums up my feelings about this peice, and about most pundits who claim to be able to live on much less than would seem possible. If they are not lying, there has to be some severe lifestyle modifying going on. Living off one's parents would be one example. Though letting the ladies pay seems like nice work if you can get it. :)

Ha

Letting the ladies pay? That's easy work if you look like Brad Pitt, work out 6 hours a day, and dress like you just walked out of GQ. The problem is that the ladies who would pay are not the kind of ladies you would want to date.

Maybe it's my age (30s), or maybe it's because I only date leftist communists, but my dates have always alternated who pays. The older among us have an excuse but if you're below 40 and insist that the man always pays...wow. :eek:

Edit: I live in the south.

Most gentlemen our age in this part of the country will open the door for me and walk on the street side of me on a sidewalk, though he only follows these customs erratically. It's confusing for guys who were raised to be Southern gentlemen, but who find out as adults that they might or might not offend someone by opening a door for her.

Personally, I don't care if I offend was woman because I held the door open for her. That is he way I was raised and if she has a problem with it oh well. To my way of thinking it is treating a woman like a lady, if she is offended by that then where do I stand? Do I treat her like one of the guys? If I do that, then I could seriously offend her with the more juvenile things men do only in the presence of other men. So I just default to treating all women like ladies, unless they make a big deal of it, then they are treated like they do not exist. Fortunately I have not had anything more than the contemptuous look from any woman for holding the door for her.

Back
Top Bottom