I did it! I pulled the plug...

boatfishandnature

Recycles dryer sheets
:dance:

I managed to overcome day-before butterflies and gave my notice. Will be working for another month and a half and then... FREEDOM!

Actually, it went pretty smoothly and was not that hard. The boss (who lives in another country, so this was all by phone) was nice enough to try to dissuade me :D but, after a couple of days, moved on to discussing more practical things like who my replacement should be.

Being a member of the forum helped me have a really solid case and plan to convince myself that this is the right thing to do now, with no regrets. Thank you all for that.

Now I need to tell my team... that will be a little harder (well, for me, that is... they may well be relieved! :LOL:)

Congratulations!!! A big first step!!! Do you think it will be a surprise for your team or do they have an inkling?

Congratulations! Been there, done that and your post brought back my similar memories. Enjoy the countdown!

Congrats. It is a big milestone in life, we hope you enjoy the next chapter even more than the last...

:dance:

I managed to overcome day-before butterflies and gave my notice. Will be working for another month and a half and then... FREEDOM!

Actually, it went pretty smoothly and was not that hard. The boss (who lives in another country, so this was all by phone) was nice enough to try to dissuade me :D but, after a couple of days, moved on to discussing more practical things like who my replacement should be.

Being a member of the forum helped me have a really solid case and plan to convince myself that this is the right thing to do now, with no regrets. Thank you all for that.

Now I need to tell my team... that will be a little harder (well, for me, that is... they may well be relieved! :LOL:)

Very nice. Welcome to the dark side. :)

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to (and dreading) having the same conversation myself.

YAY, Boatfish!

Congratulations and here's to many wonderful years with your life back!

Thanks, everyone for the welcoming and encouraging words!

pb4uski, I think it will be a great surprise to several members of my team, expected for others. The only one team member that I have told so far is my HR person, and she was not totally surprised... It was a huge surprise for my boss, though.

Congrats, been there, done that.... it's been a year for me and so far, no regrets

Congratulations!!! It's all uphill from here :)

A big congrats and I know what you are going through. Retirement papers turned in and 23 w*rking days to go. It's a different feeling once you make that decision to ER and one that I feel totally comfortable with and it sounds like you are heading in that direction.

Let's go class of 2013!:dance:

T-bird
Class of 2013
DW Class of 2012

Whaaa Hoooo... for you. I did it once before and went back to work by choice for a dream job. Enjoy your new found freedom!

Congratulations, it can be tough to take that critical step. Now you are committed! Cheers!

Indeed. I imagine it must be something like jumping off a cliff or bailing out of an airplane.

Congratulations on the momentous milestone! Your last day should be coming up soon!

Congratulations! Welcome to a whole new world! (Time to shop now, for sales on Folgers or Dunkin' Donuts, so each morning is equally fine.)

:D :D :flowers: :greetings10::dance::dance::dance: :flowers: :greetings10: :D :) :)

Congratulations! You will have a fantastic time in ER. I have not ER'd yet but based on what I've read on this Forum, ER is totally awesome! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom