I wonder what % of FIREs are Introverts?

No one's taking into account the fact that the ER people sitting in front of computers are more likely to be INTJ.

The others are out doing something gregarious instead of reading this forum and responding to polls!

I don't need to say how I tested; I will leave it up to your imagination.  ;)

P.S. Oops.. working back through the unread topics I see a few people already did mention this....

I never did like labels anyway. They are too confining. I have been called many names, a lot of them were four letter words, such as in the study, only a few actually had validity. Not telling you which ones, I'll leave it to your imagination. :D

The I stands for motiviation.  An I gets rewarded/motivated internally instead of needing the approval of others like an absolute E.  The question is who wants to admit that no matter what they do they must have the approval of others to feel good about themselves.

I'm a strong I so I can say I don't care if my boss, his boss, etc. think I'm a loser.  I know what I'm doing is right.  An E would want feedback and reinforcement frequently.

It's not wrong to need reinforcement but doesn't it sound better to say you don't need it?  Although, even as a strong I I do like the occasional guidance from someone I respect.

Hmmm

I've always considered myself a BS'er par excelance and have trouble keeping a straight face when I'm really on a roll BUT:

My very first Myers- Biggs was given to our team(temp job 1995) by a really hot blond Phd from Tulane and they singled out me and Hugh for examples - the only INTJ's out of 11 en-ga-neers. Interview question - what woud you do with 15 mil $ - answer - don't be silly invest in a diversified portfolio and keep doing what I'm doing now.

Interestingly - me and Hugh were from the same eng. dept, same tech area,  both avid Star Trek fans. Of course I'm not an Arapahoe Indian(full blooded) nor do I collect old computers as a hobby - gave him my old TRS 80. Did both drink the same brand of beer though - Miller Geniune Draft in those days.

You know it's serious stuff when the company springs for cash to pay for a young - she was a 40ish blond sweetie to analyze us - so we would be a really cool working team.

And now - it's time for a second cup of coffee, then best and final 2006 Turbo Tax and mail off my frigging estimated tax payment before midnight.

heh heh heh heh - oh yeah this is all serious.

sgeeeee said:
But clinical psychologists disagree with you -- not about the fun part. I have never seen a paper addressing the view of professionals on the fun aspect of the test. :)
That seems like a stretch. Is this based on the sample of posters at ER boards who have bothered to post on the subject? Has anyone really collected any valid data on whether people who test introvert on the test think they are introverts? Although would you really expect people to post, "I tested I and I don't believe I'm an introvert"? Then there is the problem that the I (introvert) rating of the test is not supposed to correlate to what is normally referred to as introvert behavior. So even if someone did test I and not believe they were an introvert, they might simply have read a detailed article about the test and discovered that, in fact, the test rank of I does not imply that they are a social introvert.

But, the fun thing does trump reason here. As the sole cult follower of *****, JWR, would say, "Have fun."
:D :D :) :D

You could be right. I haven't read anything on Myer Briggs validity and reliability for years. Fun, but useless, still rules.

Martha said:
Sh!t.  I forgot about the estimated tax payment. 
Martha! NO WAY! - you didn't really forget did you?

Audrey

P.S. Looks like the IRS already visited my bank account this morning. The scary magic of EFTPS.

Yes, I really did forget. We just got back to town after being gone nearly a month. I am running around between posts looking for those dang vouchers. :mad:

Something you can download from irs.gov if needed?

Turbotax prints ours out - although since we pay electronically we don't use vouchers.

Audrey

Heh heh heh heh

I skate a little on Fed - overdeducted on IRA. BUT! - the frigging state website is jammed and I need to print their ES form.

fun fun fun.

Oh well - got till midnight - I think(a little INTJ humor).

Well I found the vouchers and Greg wrote the checks. Thank you, thank you, for reminding me. I would have totally missed sending them in and not thought about it until next quarter. :-\

I am going to have to learn to live without a secretary.

This might sound strange but when I absolutley HAVE to remember to do or send something I use one of those E-card services that lets you set the date for the future. I send my self a card as a reminder, it's saved my butt a few times.

Martha said:
Yes, I really did forget.
Martha said:
I am going to have to learn to live without a secretary.
Does Greg share in the culpable negligence?

I may be "in charge" of things like tax returns & payments, but my spouse has a very important nagging responsibility. I may not always like it but she never abuses or neglects her super-nagging powers...

Yep

Got mine filled out and in the mail box. The contractors are here to work on the floor, BS'd with the water meter guy. the dogs are outside. Waiting for the sun to break though(supposed to be sunny and 80 today) so's I can go outside and putz with yard/landscaping and do my INTJ thingy.

heh heh heh

Nords said:
Does Greg share in the culpable negligence?

I may be "in charge" of things like tax returns & payments, but my spouse has a very important nagging responsibility. I may not always like it but she never abuses or neglects her super-nagging powers...

We both blew it. We wrote no dates for anything on the calendar this year. We just finished filing in the dates for things like property taxes, etc. Right now Greg is chasing down Walter, the mailman, with the estimated tax payments.

Forgot birthdays too. :-\

Any room for an INTP on this board? (extreme P too)

Sounds like a lot of you were engineers? I was too.

Audrey

Another extreme INTP here--my hubby, too. We could use a secretary as well. Shockingly undisciplined, I tell ya! At least we understand each other. Probably the main reason we saved enough money was because we procrastinated spending it  :D

Martha said:
Yes, I really did forget. We just got back to town after being gone nearly a month. I am running around between posts looking for those dang vouchers. :mad:

See, you were too busy reading through all my old posts...which to be honest might be worse than sending checks in to the IRS. ;)

Nah, all I had to do was search JG and dog poop. I knew it was there. :)

(You're still begging for it, aren't you ;) )

astromeria said:
Another extreme INTP here--my hubby, too. We could use a secretary as well. Shockingly undisciplined, I tell ya! At least we understand each other. Probably the main reason we saved enough money was because we procrastinated spending it  :D
Too extreme Ps in one household?!?! Lordy, how do you ever get anything done - LOL!

Audrey

Does being complete and total Hermits qualify as Introverted...
Hermit%201.jpg

I'm the introvert and DH is the extrovert.  It works out well in that I have the patience and comfort with analytical things like financial and retirement planning and he can handle all of the " people-related" stuff...

Believe it not, I was in tech sales for 15 years and did great because it paid extremely well...  However, after we had a sufficient nest egg, I was totally worn out and had to leave and go back to my introverted comfort zone, which I have been enjoying thoroughly!

On the Motley Fool REHP forum boards they found that the majority seemed to fall into INTJ, INTP, or ENTP. Interestingly enough, I know I've tested as 2 of those and possibly all 3 over the years, but I don't remember testing as any of the other possible combos. No wonder I read these boards :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom