Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #41
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
FYI,

The same goes for the suits, ties and dress shirts.
I have lots of corporate clothes that I haven't worn
since I retired... well, it's only been six months... but
I don't have the desire or the need to wear suits and
dresses. I will eventually get around to decluttering
my closets.
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

I have kept all my old military uniforms also. I guess pride is part of it, being able to look back at the old dress blues with that blood stripe, and well the sword is just cool. Camo can always come in handy too.

Gave 100% of my business uniforms away though. I could care less about those.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My DH was in his Dress Blues (AF) when we were married in the chapel on base in 1972. My son-in-law was in his Dress Blues (Navy) when he married on DD in 07/07.

I just asked my DH if he had any of his AF uniforms and he looked at me like I was crazy. Laughing, he said he has not seen any of them for over 30 years and doesn't remember what happened to them. I don't remember either. He was discharged in 1975. He said that he does still have his old Fire Prevention Inspector's jacket from the late 70's.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Still have my old uniforms, too. I've also kept my swords (one is a regular duty model, the other has a lighter 'levee pattern' blade intended for social occasions). Obviously I no longer have any use for them, but they bring back happy memories of visiting Wilkinson's factory in Acton to have them refurbished (sadly, Wilkinson exited the sword business on September 15, 2005).

And the swordbelt serve as a good weight control device: when they start getting tight, time for a diet!