Join Early Retirement Today

I'm Back
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm Back

Mrs. Grumpy and I are settled in our new home in a "55 or better" community. We moved in on Feb. 1st. All of the boxes are unpacked. The garage is organized to the point that we can park both cars inside. The cars have been reregistered in the new state and I have my new driver's license. We are learning our way around the area and have found shopping and restaurants.

The new community is everything we were hoping for. On Sunday there was a Super Bowl party in the community center with the game shown on a huge projection screen in the ballroom. We were made to feel very welcome and met a lot on nice people. I have been using the indoor pool and hot tub and the exercise facility regularly. The builder has been very responsive in correcting the minor problems that are inevitable in a new home.

Although we have been retired since June and Sept. respectively, this feels like the real start or our ER. Now, maybe I won't be so .....

Grumpy
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: I'm Back
Old 02-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #2

Hi Grumpy. I'm Happy for you. Your new life is nothing to Sneeze at. Anyone who didn't like it must be Dopey,
and I'm not Bashful in saying so. If only you and the Mrs. can stay away from the Doc. I'm Sleepy now.....................................

JG
Old 02-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #3

Don't ever call me Mrs. Grumpy again or you are out on your butt
Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Grumpy, as you settle in over time, it would be nice to hear how your 55+ community is working out. That kind of place is far from my thinking. My wife's thinking is to move near our son & future grandchildren. But I have seen these communities seem to really work for some folks and not others. Sort of like condo VS SFH and country VS city personality and preferences.
Best wishes on your new adventure.