I'm Officially Retired!

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi All,

Today was my last day of w*ork. I cleared out my office, went to lunch with a couple of good friends and took one last commute home on the Capital Beltway.

I am so glad I found this group! Even though I was pretty sure I was set to retire and had all my bases covered, you confirmed this and put my mind at ease. I also received good advice on how to handle the psychological aspects of retirement after having worked about 35 years. Last but not least, I got some good comic diversions when I needed it most (particularly exchanging goofy animal pics with CFB).

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to learning much more from all of you in the future.

Purron,
Congrats!! I found that my cats were almost as happy as I was. Mommy is now home MUCH more often to perform needed duties....;)

2fer

2fer,

My cats are very happy to know I will be here to cater to their every whim. You know how cats are! Thanks for the well wishes.

Purron

congrats. i'm especially watching for news on newly retired just in case i need one of those job openings. thanx for the notice.

Congratulations

Not having to take the Beltway at rush hour should be a big plus.

Congratulations Purron!

Welcome to the first day of being just yourself.

Your first real challenge - figuring out how to wipe that "I don't have to go to work again - ever!" grin off your face. Hint: It takes quite a while, so don't try to rush it. :D

Your first real challenge - figuring out how to wipe that "I don't have to go to work again - ever!" grin off your face. Hint: It takes quite a while, so don't try to rush it. :D

I went back to work today for a few hours just to help out my replacement at year-end. That's another way to get the grin off your face, but I don't recommend it. :(

I went back to work today for a few hours just to help out my replacement at year-end. That's another way to get the grin off your face, but I don't recommend it. :(

Dawg, that sounds a lot like trying to cure a hangnail by amputating your finger... :p

Congrats and welcome to the club. Some one show Purron the secret handshake. :D

Congratulations Purron ,
If you send me $9.95 just for shipping I'll send you the secret handshake plus the booklet about where super models retire to and the early retirement fez ! Plus this bonus booklet just for you how 4% withdrawal is just for wimps ! This offer expires in eight minutes so act fast .

Let the exhiliration begin!! :D

Here's a little diversion for you----the first time you realize you don't remember which day of the week it is, make a notation. Then consider that you have reached a milestone. You are then offically "oblivious" to the everyday affairs of normal, unretired, still w*rking men and women!!

Congratulations, and please let us hear your ongoing story, some newly discovered day-to-day pleasures, and just generally how (good) it's going.

Congrats on your ER!!!!

If the FIRE Handshake were not a secret then it wouldn't be the "Secret Handshake" would it? :cool:

We have to be sure you are really retired before we can show it to you.

Welcome to the club........................did we mention the Secret Decoder Ring and Executive Restroom Key?

Glad to have you as "one of us.":angel:

Back
Top Bottom