Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Update - We've been on a trip each month (not always in the RV) up until this month. Getting in the last doctor appointments before being cut loose from employer insurance. DH has been using up vacation time and going in now and then - but pretty sure last Monday was the last time for that

Still more to do on the house make-ready. Real estate agents are suggesting we put in all new carpet. I guess we will. (Are all the buyers spoiled by HGTV?) I think a few light fixtures should also be changed. We've already had the interior painted, new roof, etc. Living area looks good. Need to work on garage and basement.

I am trying to imagine the next "stage" of ER - as it's hard to give myself permission to do much fun stuff when there is so much to be done. The weeks tick by.

Maybe we're just the slowest people around.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats! Reminded me of the 24' fifth wheel we had 15 years ago. Wish we'd kept it! Pulled like a dream.

It's surreal to think about not wor*ing anymore. The forum has helped me tremendously in the process of preparing.

I'd also add that the forum is mostly free of flame wars and other nasty things that can ruin a board. Kudos to the worker bees!

Old 11-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
What did this stage feel like to you and what helped[/U]??
To be completely honest, it hurt. What helped most was applying a warm, wet cloth to each side of my face and massaging each cheek until the muscle strain from constantly grinning eased a bit.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
To be completely honest, it hurt. What helped most was applying a warm, wet cloth to each side of my face and massaging each cheek until the muscle strain from constantly grinning eased a bit.
This made me laugh out loud. Glad I was not eating or drinking anything at the computer
Old 11-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
+1. LMAO.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Smell that? Do I smell Freedom?
Old 02-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #26

Smell that? Do I smell Freedom?

A little update: Back when we put the house on the market, and figuring it would take a bit of time for it to sell, I picked up a six-month consulting contract to while away the time. That was April.

I have mentioned elsewhere that our plan to sell the house and move was "upended" by the announcement of a grand baby on the way (they live 40 miles away). At least we now have a nicely de-cluttered home with new carpet, etc., etc. It's a pleasure to have company. Easier to clean.

Baby has arrived and is healthy and is the smartest most beautiful baby ever!

BUT back to the w*rk. The client liked me a little too much - and I'm still w*rking! It looks like I'll be able to extricate myself somewhere between 3 and 11 weeks from now (looking more like 3 weeks).

So, I'm hoping that I will get that "feeling" once again - that surreal feeling I remember enjoying for a little while....

Any other remedial students of FIRE out there?