Interesting Paragraph

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
Private arrangements for the care of the aged have altered greatly over time. Children were at one time the major means whereby people provided for their own old age. As the community became more affluent, the mores changed. The responsibilities imposed on children to care for their parents declined and more and more people came to make provision for old age in the form of accumulating property or acquiring private pension rights. More recently, the development of pension plans over and above OASI has accelerated. Indeed, some students believe that a continuation of present trends points to a society in which a large fraction of the public scrimps in their productive years to provide themselves with a higher standard of life in old age than they ever enjoyed in the prime of life. Some of us may think such a trend perverse, but if it reflects the tastes of the community, so be it.
--Milton Friedman, Capitalism and Freedom, 1962

(Emphasis mine.)

(Font enlargement contributed by a presbyopic moderator.)

Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Martha converted you to her religion, eh?
1.75 & rising...

After two years of snide comments, spouse is also starting to turn things toward the light and hold them out farther.

I dont think its our eyes, I think its some conspiracy where print size is being reduced and blurred.

I can say with authority that any product made for babies must have any associated text/packaging/instructions read with a magnifying glass.

Martha said:
Resistance is futile
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
-- Dylan Thomas

I'm afraid that, after wearing glasses for 30 years and then being free for almost another 10 years, I'm not very rational or tolerant of this stage of my visual acuity.

I keenly appreciate the looks on the faces of the LASIK alumni. In my case, however, I think I'll wait another two or three decades to see how the surfing affects cataracts!

Back
Top Bottom