It's MONDAY!!!!

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I post this with a little (OK, a LOT of!!!) excitement. My retirement date is RAPIDLY approaching (next Monday is last official day) and in conjunction with tomorrows Veteran's Day Holiday, I am off w*rk today. So...I will go to w*rk on Wed, Thur, Fri and next Monday will be the "turn in badge day"

Since I am off today, I am getting a good sneak preview of how WONDERFUL Mondays will be in retirement. I listened to the traffic reports and laughed...I watched cars leave the neighborhood as the sun came up and laughed again. I have had a couple cups of coffee and will probably go get in the shower (it's about 10:30 in the AM). I also told the DW that I will do the grocery shopping today, so I will go get that done BEFORE 2 this afternoon...then I think I will take a nap. The high today is supposed to be around 70, so it'll be a great afternoon to spend some time in the hammock. Retirement is going to be GOOD for ME!!! :dance:

I can feel your excitement through cyberspace!

I huge Congrats to you FlyBoy5! Best wishes on your retirement!!!!! (I dream of the day, so I'm always so happy for people who make the big escape!!!!!!!)

YAHOOOOOO!

So close! And you only have one more chance to get "a case of the Mondays"!

Case of the Mondays! - YouTube

Yes it is...and I can TASTE IT! All future Mondays will be days of celebration! :dance:

I do love OfficeSpace..it should be required viewing for college graduation.

Best line ever was when Michael Bolton asked what Peter had been doing the last few days (when he was supposed to be at w*rk but wasn't)...

"Michael..I didn't nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be."

Since you are retiring next Monday it probably won't feel like a Monday so your last real Monday feeling Monday was last Monday. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

It's Monday? Are you sure? Let me check. Oh yeah - the market's open..

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Since you are retiring next Monday it probably won't feel like a Monday so your last real Monday feeling Monday was last Monday. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

That is a very true statement. And going in next Monday will be just to make it official...so it'll be around 11 in morning while I am in flip flops and shorts. If I am there longer than 10 minutes, I would be surprised.

That is a very true statement. And going in next Monday will be just to make it official...so it'll be around 11 in morning while I am in flip flops and shorts. If I am there longer than 10 minutes, I would be surprised.

Going in wearing flip flops and shorts - that's cruel. Everyone else will instantly hate your guts...

Going in wearing flip flops and shorts - that's cruel. Everyone else will instantly hate your guts...

Perhaps...but they will have the same opportunity that I have had so they will get over it. :D

Or get a big chuckle out of the blue skin tone. Check the weather forecast for Atlanta on Monday...:)

Good point...but if it's warmer than about 50 outside, I am wearing shorts. I really dislike long pants and wear them as little as I can!

After today I have 19 "in office" days left before I officially resign/retire. I'm looking forward to 5 January.

I post this with a little (OK, a LOT of!!!) excitement. My retirement date is RAPIDLY approaching (next Monday is last official day) and in conjunction with tomorrows Veteran's Day Holiday, I am off w*rk today. So...I will go to w*rk on Wed, Thur, Fri and next Monday will be the "turn in badge day"
My "turn in the badge day" was a Monday too, (back in 2009), and I can highly recommend Monday for this. Others will be suffering through the work week while you enjoy your first days of retirement. The town will seem empty, with nobody on the road or in the stores. It's simply amazing!

And congratulations in advance. :D :dance:

Also congratulations in advance to 2B and all others retiring soon. :D

After today I have 19 "in office" days left before I officially resign/retire. I'm looking forward to 5 January.

Congrats!!! The days will fly by...it's uncanny how quick it has gone by!

And looks like my shorts plan for Monday is shot...the high is supposed to be only 46!!! :mad:

Congratulations! The air is pretty darn great out here in ER.

Your post made me pause and think about what Mondays mean now, 3+ years into FIRE. At this point, I use them as recovery days from what are usually wild and crazy weekends of fun and activity with still-w*#king family and friends. They are also great days to run errands since the stores are once again empty. :cool:

Congratulations. Early on I spent a few Monday mornings on the back deck with coffee watching I-10 bridge traffic heading to work in New Orleans. Gradually your biological clock will realize getting up that early is no longer mandatory.

Up here now see a few med students walking to morning classes but it's 'sleeping in' compared to early ER.

heh heh heh - got to the point of never in a hurry - finally. The other highs in ER vary with the individual but they are many. You have a lot to look forward too. :cool:

Since I am off today, I am getting a good sneak preview of how WONDERFUL Mondays will be in retirement. I listened to the traffic reports and laughed...I watched cars leave the neighborhood as the sun came up and laughed again. I have had a couple cups of coffee and will probably go get in the shower (it's about 10:30 in the AM). I also told the DW that I will do the grocery shopping today, so I will go get that done BEFORE 2 this afternoon...then I think I will take a nap. The high today is supposed to be around 70, so it'll be a great afternoon to spend some time in the hammock. Retirement is going to be GOOD for ME!!! :dance:

Congratulations on your upcoming last day! I predict much laughter in your near future. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I post this with a little (OK, a LOT of!!!) excitement. My retirement date is RAPIDLY approaching (next Monday is last official day)

Congratulations! Celebrations like yours are what gives me hope that I can say the same in 6 months. I am so grateful hearing about successes like yours and others here on the forum.:greetings10:

Going back to w*rk this week must be a bear for you! (you know, trying to look interested and serious:LOL:)

Congratulations! I know the feeling well and it is all it is cracked up to be.

Back
Top Bottom