Jealous brothers and sisters?

I don't see the point.

I was in contact in '03, then Mother died. I did attempt some communication in '08, but realized I had nothing in common with any of them.

Dropped and blocked all of them. I wouldn't communicate with any of them if we were not related, why should I do so just because of DNA?

'Family' is highly overrated.

While I understand your view and know many people who have not communicated with parents or siblings for years or more, it has never made sense to me. To me, family is everything. If one of my four sisters, who live thousands of miles away, had a family emergency and needed me, I would be on the next available plane, no questions asked. And they would do the same for me (I think :))

We don't talk everyday, and our interests in life have drifted in different directions but we still keep in touch and see each other at least every other year.

But if no contact works for you, good for you.

While I understand your view and know many people who have not communicated with parents or siblings for years or more, it has never made sense to me. To me, family is everything.
You can have mine, and I'll even throw in my parents-in-law for free. We'll chat again after a few months of getting to know each other...

You can have mine, and I'll even throw in my parents-in-law for free. We'll chat again after a few months of getting to know each other...

Mine too.
One big happy family.
Do murder/suicide rates really go up around holidays?
:nonono:

JOHNNIE36 said:
....I talk to my brother and sister once a week. We love to keep up with what is going on in our families. We are very close and plan to continue the communication. Can't imagine anything else.
My siblings and I have never been close, and still aren't. One is 900 miles away to the east, the other almost that far to the west, and we rarely see each other and VERY seldom talk by phone.

My brother and I talk every few months, and we actually saw each other last year for the first time in about 10 years. He and I are a LOT alike and we always have a good time when we do talk or see each other!

My sister and I talk 'maybe' once a year at most. Other than parentage (and I sometimes question that! Ha!), she and I have nothing in common. She's always been very egocentric, and she's always felt that she was short-changed as a kid because she wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth like a few of her friends were. Sorry Sis, we were poor folks...get over it!

She wrote my folks a couple of nasty letters pretty much stating that she hated them and didn't want anything to do with them or me. The last such letter was to my Mom a couple of years ago. Both Mom and I are more than willing and content to oblige her.

Relatives a extremely over-rated sometimes!

.....She wrote my folks a couple of nasty letters pretty much stating that she hated them and didn't want anything to do with them or me. The last such letter was to my Mom a couple of years ago. Both Mom and I are more than willing and content to oblige her. .....

I guess that I am lucky. If I had a sister like you describe I would be willing to oblige her too.

She's always been very egocentric, and she's always felt that she was short-changed as a kid because she wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth like a few of her friends were.

Goonie, you must be a long lost sibling of mine, that's my sister you're talking about! :LOL:

Goonie, you must be a long lost sibling of mine, that's my sister you're talking about! :LOL:

Your sister and Goonie's sister should have married rich men or into families with money...

Funny true story...A hunting buddy of mine went thru a bad divorce. He got over that, (mentally), and lost his factory job a couple years later. He was just another Joe Smuck. Not a pot to piss in. Well...Joe Smuck soon met this wonderful rich woman with wonderful rich family a year or so later after all that. Now, the married Joe Smuck hunts with me in the fall, winters in Costa Rica and Tampa, (loves to fish), and lives in the summers near Asheville! No more work for him! The life of Riley! And here I am still toiling along...It just ain't fair!

Sorry for the twist in the thread...And yes, my family is dysfunctional and I keep my distance...However, I am in the Class of 2014!

Last edited:
....Funny true story...A hunting buddy of mine went thru a bad divorce. He got over that, (mentally), and lost his factory job a couple years later. He was just another Joe Smuck. Not a pot to piss in. Well...Joe Smuck soon met this wonderful rich woman with wonderful rich family a year or so later after all that. Now, the married Joe Smuck hunts with me in the fall, winters in Costa Rica and Tampa, (loves to fish), and lives in the summers near Asheville! No more work for him! The life of Riley! And here I am still toiling along...It just ain't fair!.....

and it sounds like you are happy for him and his twist of luck rather than jealous like some others we are talking about in this thread would be. I would be happy for him too (and asking if his new wife has any eligible sisters!).

and it sounds like you are happy for him and his twist of luck rather than jealous like some others we are talking about in this thread would be. I would be happy for him too (and asking if his new wife has any eligible sisters!).
Just one more example of how superior we ERs are to those we dish about on our forum.

This site really does raise one's self esteem!

Ha

My sister is 3 years younger and overall supportive, probably because our father FIREd at 55. I think she wishes I were even less busy so I could visit my mother more often (they live in the same town so she has the brunt of the "taking care of Mom" responsibilities, while I'm halfway across the country). However, we decided after I REd to change Mom's will so that my sister gets more than I do from the estate, both in compensation for the time she spends now as well as the fact that I am already FI. I think that helped her get over any real jealousy.

Back
Top Bottom