Just Sayin!

Brdofpray

Recycles dryer sheets
When we retired to Upstate South Carolina, many people asked us, "Why in the world would you select that part of the country?" We were attracted by the abundance of lakes, and natural areas nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

In fact, we were not the only ones to notice. This past month National Geographics published a special edition: "50 of the World's Last Great Places: Destinations of a lifetime". One of those sites, is our own Jocassee Gorges. This natural area is located within Oconee county, where we live. This area was named, due to the intense concentrations of waterfalls, and unique plant communities, that are found only in this part of the world.

I invite everyone to come visit, and see for yourself, the golden corner of South Carolina.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
Wow...that really is beautiful.

I completely understand what you're saying. Your surroundings add to your quality of life. That part of the country is beautiful for sure. I love to go up there and hike trails. Being from the Louisiana flatlands, I love hiking in the hills and seeing the waterfalls. It is just so much different from what I am used to.

We've driven the Carolinas many times and had no idea about this area. Just beautiful.

Just added another locale to the list for future RV itineraries. Thanks.

Looks like we can visit the Great Smoky Mountains on the same trip.

This is an area I have considered retiring too. my biggest fear with it , given my heavy Brooklyn accent is hearing "you're not from around here, are ya ?" over and over.
It absolutely is a beautiful parrot the country and a place I dream about.

Is that area adjacent to the Blue Ridge Highway? I have driven that route a couple of times and like all of it.

I attended a BMW driving clinic several years ago in Spartansburg and got to do some sight seeing north of there. After that trip, I told DW that I wanted us to retire there. Still would like to consider that, but we have the lets be near the kids thing to contend with, at least for another few years. Geat pic by the way!

Back
Top Bottom