Kaderli CD

unclemick

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Kramer over at Raddr's site has posted links to the Kaderli's website - they have come out with a CD on their past 15 years since age 38 on what they've learned / experienced in ER. They are somewhat along the lines of the Terhorst's in the 'perpetual traveler' class.

24k/yr class of ER.

Anyone follow the website, ordered the CD, or have thoughts of following the lifestyle?

We ended up being non travel - stay in swamp types.

The Kaderlis shipped their new CD book to me (in Thailand.) For some reason it arrived here in only 6 days; most air mail letters take about 10 days. Go figure.

Anyway, the book is a fun read and the photography is amazing! Once I popped it into my laptop, I sat there enthralled unitl I finished it. Definately worth the price!

Lance

Full disclosure-I did consume two large bottles of Chang (elephant) beer while perusing the book :D

Lancelot said:
Full disclosure-I did consume two large bottles of Chang (elephant) beer while perusing the book :D

Sir knite,
I haven't tried this yet but was wondering what kind of review you would give for "War & Peace" after several bottles of Chang? :D ;)

Lancelot; I would like to borrow it, and will try to read it with some Mehkong whiskey instead and see of results are the same! Cheers! :D

Hey Ben,

Believe me, you'll like the book so much you'll want your own copy.

I'm sure the Kaderli's can ship you a copy QUICKLY :D

Sure makes me want to visit Bolivia...

All the best,

Lance

PS-How is VN?

unclemick2 said:
24k/yr class of ER.

Anyone follow the website, ordered the CD, or have thoughts of following the lifestyle?

We ended up being non travel - stay in swamp types.
Best $14.95 book I've read this year. Good info, good writing, great photos.

They say they polled that $24K/year off one of the ER boards-- this one?

We're much happier staying at home to raise our kid, who seems to be a high-maintenance traveler. At this age hanging out with friends & arguing with parents seems to be more important than worldwide experiences. But it'll be interesting to see how our attitude changes when she leaves the nest...

Hi Guys,
I realize this is an older post, but I have been thinking about the following comment, and wanted to add my 2 cents worth:

They are somewhat along the lines of the Terhorst's in the 'perpetual traveler' class.

24k/yr class of ER.

Yup, we do the PT because it suits our gypsy natures.  :D We are also able to do all that travel without any deprivation, on $24K a year.  However, I get the sense sometimes, that people think we stay in bug infested hotel rooms, or that we have "given up" the idea of owning a home, or having the whole "white picket fence" scenario. :confused:

Or even that some are saying to themselves "I couldn't be that frugal, I want more outta my life, more comfort, more this or that." :-\

So,... I would like to chime in and say, Ok, double that amount. Make it $48K a year. Or triple it, or do FIRE on somewhere in between.

The point is, that if we can do it comfortably and compatibly on 24K, you could do it on double the amount. What we offer in our book is a way to view your choices. Choices on lifestyle, housing, travel, spending, etc.  ;)

Akaisha
Author, THE ADVENTURER'S GUIDE TO EARLY RETIREMENT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom