Join Early Retirement Today

Kaderli CD
Old 07-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Kaderli CD

Kramer over at Raddr's site has posted links to the Kaderli's website - they have come out with a CD on their past 15 years since age 38 on what they've learned / experienced in ER. They are somewhat along the lines of the Terhorst's in the 'perpetual traveler' class.

24k/yr class of ER.

Anyone follow the website, ordered the CD, or have thoughts of following the lifestyle?

We ended up being non travel - stay in swamp types.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Kaderli CD
Old 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM   #2

Here's the site:

http://www.retireearlylifestyle.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

The Kaderlis shipped their new CD book to me (in Thailand.) For some reason it arrived here in only 6 days; most air mail letters take about 10 days. Go figure.

Anyway, the book is a fun read and the photography is amazing! Once I popped it into my laptop, I sat there enthralled unitl I finished it. Definately worth the price!

Lance

Full disclosure-I did consume two large bottles of Chang (elephant) beer while perusing the book

Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot
Full disclosure-I did consume two large bottles of Chang (elephant) beer while perusing the book
Sir knite,
I haven't tried this yet but was wondering what kind of review you would give for "War & Peace" after several bottles of Chang?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Lancelot; I would like to borrow it, and will try to read it with some Mehkong whiskey instead and see of results are the same! Cheers!
Old 07-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #6

Hey Ben,

Believe me, you'll like the book so much you'll want your own copy.

I'm sure the Kaderli's can ship you a copy QUICKLY

Sure makes me want to visit Bolivia...

All the best,

Lance

PS-How is VN?

Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick2
24k/yr class of ER.

Anyone follow the website, ordered the CD, or have thoughts of following the lifestyle?

We ended up being non travel - stay in swamp types.
Best $14.95 book I've read this year. Good info, good writing, great photos.

They say they polled that $24K/year off one of the ER boards-- this one?

We're much happier staying at home to raise our kid, who seems to be a high-maintenance traveler. At this age hanging out with friends & arguing with parents seems to be more important than worldwide experiences. But it'll be interesting to see how our attitude changes when she leaves the nest...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #8

Hi Guys,
I realize this is an older post, but I have been thinking about the following comment, and wanted to add my 2 cents worth:

Quote:
They are somewhat along the lines of the Terhorst's in the 'perpetual traveler' class.

24k/yr class of ER.
Yup, we do the PT because it suits our gypsy natures.* We are also able to do all that travel without any deprivation, on $24K a year.* However, I get the sense sometimes, that people think we stay in bug infested hotel rooms, or that we have "given up" the idea of owning a home, or having the whole "white picket fence" scenario.

Or even that some are saying to themselves "I couldn't be that frugal, I want more outta my life, more comfort, more this or that."

So,... I would like to chime in and say, Ok, double that amount. Make it $48K a year. Or triple it, or do FIRE on somewhere in between.

The point is, that if we can do it comfortably and compatibly on 24K, you could do it on double the amount. What we offer in our book is a way to view your choices. Choices on lifestyle, housing, travel, spending, etc.*

Akaisha
Author, THE ADVENTURER'S GUIDE TO EARLY RETIREMENT