Last day on this job...just a few easy days left

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today feels like FIRE day. It is my last day working in my present position, 8-12 hr/d, on my feet for about 2/3 of it. For all intents and purposes, I'm done.
I have the overwhelming feeling of being present in my own life, for the first time in many years. It is a very quiet and very amazing feeling.

Next week I do the fill in position at another hospital, in an emergency situation, work way way way less, get paid more, and will work no more than 2 weeks/month. Everyone knows I'm done in December.

On my way home I went to one of the PA Wine and Spirits stores and picked out the most expensive bottle of champagne I have ever bought. (OK, I haven't bought champagne in years). I stood there in front of all that champagne and wanted to post a message right then and there to you all.

I think the reality of this doesn't sink in immediately but comes on gradually.
:dance:

Congrats and all the best! Enjoy your freedom and every sip of that most expensive Champagne…:)

Congrats and enjoy the champagne! On this rare occasion getting a little tipsy is okay.

I am very happy for you. Break out the bubbly and savor the flavor.

Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Enjoy the champs.... You managed to come up with the perfect glide path from the stressful job - a part time, lucrative, less stressful transition job.

Congratulations.

Today feels like FIRE day. It is my last day working in my present position, 8-12 hr/d, on my feet for about 2/3 of it. For all intents and purposes, I'm done.

I have the overwhelming feeling of being present in my own life, for the first time in many years. It is a very quiet and very amazing feeling.

Next week I do the fill in position at another hospital, in an emergency situation, work way way way less, get paid more, and will work no more than 2 weeks/month. Everyone knows I'm done in December.

On my way home I went to one of the PA Wine and Spirits stores and picked out the most expensive bottle of champagne I have ever bought. (OK, I haven't bought champagne in years). I stood there in front of all that champagne and wanted to post a message right then and there to you all.

I think the reality of this doesn't sink in immediately but comes on gradually.

:dance:

This thread is nothing without pictures!.😄🎉

I think I'm going to rain on your parade. What you have to do is:

Wait until December and buy a bigger more expensive bottle. You'll have a lifetime to finish it. Enjoy.

I think I'm going to rain on your parade. What you have to do is:

Wait until December and buy a bigger more expensive bottle. You'll have a lifetime to finish it. Enjoy.

I agree entirely. This just feels like a big transition. And is was supposed to be the retirement. Until about 3 weeks ago, it was.

Slowing down and part-timing into Dec sounds like a great way to make the transition. Congrats and getting over the hard part, it is all down hill now!

Back
Top Bottom