Last morning getting up before 5 am...

seraphim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
... Unless I'm watching the sunrise from my campsite.

Odd, I'm really not feeling anything. No joy, no trepidation: just another day except I'm not really doing anything.

I thought I'd be happy or nervous or something. Not even impatient for the workday to end.

Guess I'm just well-balanced.

Or off balance.

:rolleyes:

Well, hey, I am sure excited FOR you! I didn't get to choose a retirement date, so I am vicariously enjoying what everyone else does.

I hope the day gets better. The ones to follow surely will. :)

Congrats! I'm sure you will be smiling Sunday evening and esp Monday morning when you can sleep in :dance:

Congratulations ! Don't worry about not having any feelings - you'll have them soon enough - feelings of JOY !!!

"It is finished."

Thanks for all the well wishes. NOW I'm feeling really good!

Going out to dinner at a nice steak house which we will never be able to afford again *grin*

Last edited:
Told you that you would feel some joy at the end of the day! Congrats and welcome to the best club around!!

WOO HOO!!!!!! Congrats...now you belong to the "I can sleep as late as I want" club. :dance:

omni

Congratulations! I suspect the reason you weren't feeling anything earlier is because it is overwhelming. What a huge accomplishment it is to finally be able to retire! It is something most people spend their entire adult life working toward and some people never make it.

I hope you enjoy many, many sunrises from your campsite!

Thank you all. DW is helping out a friend Monday, but I think Tuesday we'll load up the camper and go somewhere. Flip a coin to choose a compass point and go...

I'm right there with ya, good luck and enjoy!

What a sense of relief that must be to not have to be somewhere at somewhat time...Like an eternal weekend that has just started...

Dave - you just gave me my new blog title 'Eternal Weekend' . Thanks .

And I will post that sunrise photo. Depending if I can get up that early lol

Congratulations! Time to load the backpack.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom