Living in an Air Stream RV?

Well, we've lived for fifteen years nomadically, in RVs. Not an Airstream, although we have friends who have had them. The old Airstreams do, indeed, have a cult following, although the new ones are really kind of average, poor storage, cramped, etc. I think that for a lot of people, for years the Airstream represented going off to see the world, the Wally Byam caravans were publicized, and they just got a mystique about them.

It IS a wonderful life, if you are willing to do most of your accumulating of material goods in a brokerage account rather than with "stuff". We wouldn't trade it, and only old age and/or infirmity will have us hanging up our keys and settling down in one place.

LooseChickens

"If any of you haven't seen hippie women breastfeeding their babies in public or a good Peace bus in years--well, since the 60's--go to Austin."

Imagine, breast feeding a baby in public!

I wonder if Christ was breast fed in public? Do you suppose?

Was Austin in the Bible?

Probably not.

b.

boont, I have no idea if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not, and, frankly, don't care; but, personally, I haven't seen a woman breastfeeding a baby since the 60's. It's alot better for the baby and mother, but, somehow, it seems to have slipped away from what I can tell. Pity.

Orchidflower, have no fear, it is alive and well here in the south. I don't have a single friend who didn't breastfeed her baby for at least 6 months. SC isn't one of those "burka-wearing" kind of places, and women can pretty much breastfeed where they want. A funny story: a very young victorias secret employee told a woman in a local store that she couldn't breastfeed in a dressing room there (said it was indecent and she should go to the bathroom instead) and a huge hue and cry erupted. The chief of police went on record to say that any woman who needed to BF could come to the police station and be provided a private place.
Yeah, we don't have many hippies, but we do have lots of intelligent moms!
Sarah

Dog bitting man is not a story - man bitting dog is.
Woman breast feeding a baby is not a story - man breast feeding a woman is.

Glad bf is alive and well somewhere.
People laugh, but some of these old ways and old folk recipes to get well actually are better than the new drugs. Not always...but some of them are. BF is one of the better ways...but me, I don't have one friend or employee who BF their kid. Again, pity.

Breast feeding is also alive & well in Florida .When I was working there was always a breast pump in the lounge and a bottle or two of breast milk in the fridge .

Back
Top Bottom