Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #21

I was starting to wonder if you'd fallen off the edge of the earth. Glad to hear everyone (if not everything) arrived intact.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Here is a group you should definitely join: Commonwealth Club Unfortunately all I can do is listen to their podcasts.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
I was starting to wonder if you'd fallen off the edge of the earth. Glad to hear everyone (if not everything) arrived intact.
Haven't fallen off the edge yet, though there were a few days back there when I was close. I ate my way through it, adding a libation now and then.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #24
gone traveling

Congratulations on arriving safely. Now to relax and enjoy your new home and being close to loved ones. Is there anything more a man can want?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Well done, Rich.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Congratulations.........shucks, I thought you moved to Green Bay.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #27

Great to hear from you. I"m sure the chance to spend quality time with Family more than offsets the Allied fiasco. I'm very happy for you.
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Glad you made it safely! Enjoy the grandkids & your new life !
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_by_the_Bay View Post
For those who may be tracking our 3000 mile cross-country move from Tampa to San Francisco, we got here safe and sound and are just now finishing our unpacking. This neighborhood is awesome with scores of restaurants (modest prices, family run, authentic), lots of walking routes, 25 min to SF by commuter rail. It will be a perfect staging area (month to month rental) for finding a house or condo to purchase after we catch our breath and get to know the area better.

The move itself - that is, Allied Van Lines and affiliates - was a disaster; damaged furniture, lost items, 9 days late showing up, etc. Just stuff, nothing really "important." I can confirm that the unburdening effect of a large downsize truly is liberating in many ways. Not easy, but worth it for us.

The kids/grandkids seem genuinely glad to have us nearby. We were pressed into serious service twice already due to pneumonia occurring in my grandson and d-in-law around the same time, so we have had them all over, feeding them and DW is happily nurturing away (they're both recovering well). D-in-L: "You got here in the nick of time."

We'll venture into SF in the upcoming week and catch a Giants game, maybe catch dinner. Everything is all right.

Rich
PS: screen name and sig under adjusment soon.
Hey neighbor you are moving in as we are moving out. Enjoy the State it has many things to offer. Make sure you visit the Squeeze Inn on one of your outings
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post

Hey neighbor you are moving in as we are moving out. Enjoy the State it has many things to offer. Make sure you visit the Squeeze Inn on one of your outings
Love a good burger. Any branches on the Peninsula?

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_by_the_Bay View Post
Love a good burger. Any branches on the Peninsula?
They have one in Napa area. I'm sure you wont need much of an excuse to head in that direction. But you are around so much great food and culture. Might take you awhile to make it there. LOL