Join Early Retirement Today

Masters pic for Jarhead
Old 04-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Masters pic for Jarhead

Beautiful day at the Masters. Thought Jarhead might enjoy this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AugClub05.jpg (41.9 KB, 201 views)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Masters pic for Jarhead
Old 04-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Was that before or after the rain? Seems like it rains every year during the final rounds.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arif
Was that before or after the rain? Seems like it rains every year during the final rounds.
That was taken the day before the tournament started.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Dog51:

You lucky dog!

The weather appears to be in a good cycle for the tournament. (Vijays hot, Tiger and Mickleson are also playing good, what's not to like).

Incidentally, congratulations on being able to get tickets. *How many hoops did you have to jump through to get them? *I've never had the opportunity to go, but from what I've heard they aren't easy to come by.

Here's hoping you have continued good weather. *(Posted this after first round of tournament).

Enjoy!

Jarhead
Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead*
Dog51:

You lucky dog!

The weather appears to be in a good cycle for the tournament. (Vijays hot, Tiger and Mickleson are also playing good, what's not to like).

Incidentally, congratulations on being able to get tickets. *How many hoops did you have to jump through to get them? *I've never had the opportunity to go, but from what I've heard they aren't easy to come by.

Here's hoping you have continued good weather. *(Posted this after first round of tournament).

Enjoy!

Jarhead
Well I'm not that lucky. I only had tickets to the practice rounds. They are not easy to get either. You can only get those through a lottery pick. I had my name drawn last year and I was able to go this year from a return favor from a buddy. We also played a couple of Robert Trent Jones courses on our trip. Those were tough. Every green were triple deckers. Fun to play for a change though.* 8)
Old 04-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

My daughter and I had Masters tickets for Saturday.......we're still trying to come to terms with our absolutely miserable experience. We waited all year, spent a bunch of money, and I got to see two golf balls hit, while my daughter saw zero! We made the decision to put our seats on # 17, where we could see both the 16th green and the tee shots on 17...absolutely fabulous seats, if anyone had gotten there before we were thoroughly damp and and cold, and finally decided to pack it in at about 4:00 pm.

We were so depressed, we could hardly bring ourselves to watch the final round.

Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail
My daughter and I had Masters tickets for Saturday.......we're still trying to come to terms with our absolutely miserable experience.* We waited all year, spent a bunch of money, and I got to see two golf balls hit, while my daughter saw zero!* We made the decision to put our seats on # 17, where we could see both the 16th green and the tee shots on 17...absolutely fabulous seats, if anyone had gotten there before we were thoroughly damp and and cold, and finally decided to pack it in at about 4:00 pm.

We were so depressed, we could hardly bring ourselves to watch the final round.

That is tough luck. I've been pretty lucky the few times I attended. How far did you have to travel?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

You actually have to fight for these tickets?* I'm always amazed how they get enough people to actually fill in all the spots around the edge of the course. I figured the tickets would come with a free bowl of soup.

I'd be hard pressed to think of something more boring and tiring than standing on the edge of one of those courses.

I had the best seat in the house;* right in front of my HDTV with dolby digital 5.1 sound.
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Ditto...

Went to a Ranger game last weekend, cause GF is a Tiger fan. $7.50 for a hotdog!! Cold front blew through, we were freezing our assets off, went to the paraphernalia shop... They wanted $50 for a sweatshirt...

No mas!!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG51
That is tough luck. I've been pretty lucky the few times I attended. How far did you have to travel?
It was about a 4 1/2 hour drive for us.

We've always been lucky before, and we have tried to keep reminding ourselves of that, but it's pretty tough.

Hopefully, we'll have another chance next year.
Gail is offline   Reply With Quote