Migraines and FIRE

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Various posts about photographs and memories (mainly Dex) made me somewhat nostalgic and I decided to try to find if I could access some of the pictures my mother had.

It's a long story, but I had not corresponded with any of my relatives in 6 years. I had my sister's email address and sent a message. We discussed a few things.

A main reason I did not contact anyone all those years was that I would get a migraine (within 12 to 24 hours) every time I did. The last time (6 years ago) I ended up with a category 5 migraine for almost 3 days.

So I woke up yesterday morning expecting a migraine, searching for the symptoms. Now it's been 2 days and no migraine; I can assume they are truly gone.

Retirement is glorious.

I prefer my grain in a liquid form... :p

Congrats on a migraine-free retirement; I hope to join you sometime after the Great Depression, Part Deux...

Last edited:
Excellent, Khan! It's wonderful how our bodies can heal themselves when we treat them properly.

I fully expected to get a cold this month...what with not sleeping or eating well and being stressed about the market (and colds seem to be going around), but so far so good.

That's great news Khan...migraines are awful...I can truly sympathize.

When I was w*rking, too many thoughts were running through my head...nearly tore me up. Now I've just got two or three things on my mind at once. A lot of pressure is gone since I left my j*b.

also congrats on loss of migraines. i've a dear friend from childhood who just called looking to see if she left her sun glasses in my car. i'm very concerned about her. not only does she have migraines, a lot (she's stopped working), but also when i was in jersey this year i could swear i noticed some dementia. our other friends agreed with me and noticed the same symptoms without me prompting them at all. i've pushed her for years now to see a doc about her headaches but she refuses. i think i will have to cross another social line to make her aware of her own confusion. i'm hesitant to say anything but as another close old friend, a nurse, said to me, i'm good at crossing social barriers. it's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

khan, hope you got the pictures you went after. i've also been getting some old pics from my father (who had disappeared). just today he sent me one of my greatgrandfather. i'm 51 years old and i am first learning what my greatgrandfather looked like. what an odd family that. anyway, maybe you or i should open a thread on old pics of our ancestors.

Various posts about photographs and memories (mainly Dex) made me somewhat nostalgic and I decided to try to find if I could access some of the pictures my mother had.

It's a long story, but I had not corresponded with any of my relatives in 6 years. I had my sister's email address and sent a message. We discussed a few things.

A main reason I did not contact anyone all those years was that I would get a migraine (within 12 to 24 hours) every time I did. The last time (6 years ago) I ended up with a category 5 migraine for almost 3 days.

So I woke up yesterday morning expecting a migraine, searching for the symptoms. Now it's been 2 days and no migraine; I can assume they are truly gone.

Retirement is glorious.

I'm glad you are counting your blessings. Thanks for reminding us all to count ours. I too am in the much healthier after quitting a stressful job club.

Migraines often go away around menopause.

Migraines often go away around menopause.

I'm sure that might be involved in there somewhere.

I do recall mother saying she used to have migraines and they stopped after her mother died (when mother was in her 30s).

We are an interesting muddle of hormones and relationships and circumstances.

As I have posted: Is there a 'me' not of all those circumstances?

Last edited:
I had incapacitating migraines in my late teens when I was in an untenable position. I literally jumped out of the box I was in and never had another migraine.

Back
Top Bottom