Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

MJ,

Thanks for the pictures.

Spanky

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

photobucket
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #22
Confused about dryer sheets

photobucket

Nice pics. keep us posted.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #23

Just thought I would bring the thread up to the top again.

MJ
Old 06-16-2007, 06:51 AM   #24

hey mj. how about some interior shots to give us an idea of the facilities and comfort level there.

also if you have a moment to read my last entry on vagabonding & visas, i'd appreciate your comments on how mandatory border crossings effect living situations overseas. thanx.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
hey mj. how about some interior shots to give us an idea of the facilities and comfort level there.
I'll put the request in to the photographer. Seriously, most of the GH I stay in are very basic rooms with inside bathroom and fan. I have paid in Thailand on the average $3 to $5 a day.
I'll keep it in mind next time I get to a room before I mess it up.

Quote:
also if you have a moment to read my last entry on vagabonding & visas, i'd appreciate your comments on how mandatory border crossings effect living situations overseas. thanx.
Since this is my first real international trip I don't have a lot of experience regarding visa runs. I did get a "O" non-immigrant visa (you must be over 50) in Thailand that forces me to do a border run very 3 months. It has not been a burden to me so far.

MJ
Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #26

five bucks a day. wow. i take it then you don't worry about long term leases. when you do a border run do you return to the same location or do you use that as an opportunity to relocate to a different town? if you return to the same place do you leave all your belongings there expecting them to still be there when you get back into the country?

after stonewall parade this afternoon cousin and i ducked into thai restaurant nearby. was very nice guy serving us. as soon as you look at him he smiles. he talked about thailand before taking our orders. if he is representative of the people there i think i will like it very much.

i've been reading about how king of thailand is held in such great respect. well, even here with thai expats. he refered to thai royalty as "my king" and "my queen". surprisingly to me, it didn't sound at all as medieval as i would think i would hear it, rather it seemed quite natural, just in the course of conversation.

i can't recall a time i ever spoke of gwbush, or any other so-called dignitary for that matter, as "my president".

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
five bucks a day. wow. i take it then you don't worry about long term leases. when you do a border run do you return to the same location or do you use that as an opportunity to relocate to a different town? if you return to the same place do you leave all your belongings there expecting them to still be there when you get back into the country?
I have been a bit on the frugal (cheap) side this first major PT venture averaging $120 a month for lodging and $100 for food (I don't drink much beer). I didn't do any leases just monthly rates when I knew I was staying put for awhile. I hope to try to double/triple those expenses next time I return to SEA in the fall.

The GH I stayed in, let me store my gear (no charge) when I took off on long (several weeks) bike rides with limited luggage. I trusted these owners with my luggage.

MJ
Old 06-30-2007, 04:20 AM   #28

Just refreshing the thread.

MJ (vagabond at large)
Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #29
Dryer sheet aficionado

And it's a wonderful thread to refresh!!!!!!
Looking froward to our (wife and I) upcoming trip to CM and renting of a mountain bike, thanks to you!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendbaht View Post
And it's a wonderful thread to refresh!!!!!!
Looking froward to our (wife and I) upcoming trip to CM and renting of a mountain bike, thanks to you!
Thanks for the kind words. I figure since I put a lot of work fun time into loading the photos, the folks visiting here can hopefully enjoy the fruits of my labor. adventure.

MJ (vagabond at large)
Old 07-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #31

Just refreshing the thread (once again).

MJ (vagabond at large)
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #32
Dryer sheet aficionado

we lovem...thanks.