Mobile Home Insurance in a Retirement Community

LakeRat1

Recycles dryer sheets
We recently retired to Ft Myers FL, purchased a mobile home in a 55+ RV Park where you own the land. We paid cash and I began talking to the other residents about home insurance..... I found that probably 80% do not carry any insurance on their homes, due to the price......

What are others doing about this, our home is a 1989 remodeled in 2008. It does not make sense to have dwelling insurance, as the place is probably only worth 25K not including the lot

I am thinking we need a liability and contents coverage.....

What are others doing :confused: What makes sense??

Last edited:
That has been my thought, buy a cheap mobile home in FL and don't insure it for hurricanes.

Have you checked with insurance agents, I would want liability and regular insurance (theft, fire) but not hurricane.

I have requested quotes..... I am finding, the cost to ensure an older mobile home is not worth insuring ...... so I am requesting the liability and basically renters insurance to cover the contents ...HO-4 or something like that

Windstorm coverage is usually sold separately in hurricane areas. My parents live in Myrtle Beach and have bought Homeowners coverage without windstorm for years. No mortgage, and they figure the land is worth more than the house, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom