Moderator Monday?

I wish we did have a little more latitude on politics here, because I think the discussion would be more productive, respectful and thoughtful. But I realize it's a VERY slippery slope,

+1

Let me add my thanks, as well. I recently joined a forum related to a new vehicle I bought and while I learned a lot about my new truck, there were a lot of jerks whose posts I had to slog through. I finally gave up as it was not worth it.

Keep up the good work, mods.

The following is *my* opinion... does not reflect the other moderators or other ER.org members...

There are plenty of places to discuss politics. Heck - it's in my face every time I turn on the news or open facebook. If I want to talk politics I have plenty of venues to do so. And so does everyone else here. People definitely have gotten tribal about their politics. I've seen family members stop speaking to each other because they backed different candidates.

I really appreciate that I can come here and know it's a (relatively) politics free zone. We can discuss a variety of financial and non-financial issues - without worrying about whether the person offering the advice supports one party or another. (Which usually has nothing to do with the advice, anyway.)

I'd rather save our tribal rivalries for stuff like "when to take SS". "Should I pay off my house". or "Lump sum or annuity for my pension."

And - as W2R mentioned - the moderator team seems to be a mixed bag politically... but we all follow the community rules and try to enforce them evenly.

I am mostly unaware of the moderators which is a good thing. Thanks Mods.

I must admit that I have only experienced the cartoon once with all other occurrences to be historical.

It's not Monday but thanks to all the moderators.

Except that I want to complain that they favor the center. I'm trying to be even handed with this complaint. ;)

Ditto the kudos. I occasionally stumble on a thread a bit late and rush to respond only to find it is already closed. Usually in those cases my inclination to respond is better stifled.

I truly appreciate the endeavors of the moderators that help to make this community a fantastic resource for both guests and members.

Yeah, AWESOME mods! I agree that the majority of the internet is intolerable :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom