My A$$ is Officially FIRE'd!

candrew

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Turned in my badge, keys & digital pager yesterday! Officially FIRE'd after 40+ years of w*rk and 35 years with current empl*yer. It's been a long time in the planning. Many, many thanks to the members of this Forum for their helpful advice, willingness to share experiences & most of all encouragement. Could not & would not have done it without your help!!

I'm joining DW who FIRE'd this past May. We love to travel and can now do so slowly & without the confines of w*rk schedules. Next month we embark the week of Christmas on a 3 month-long adventure backpacking around the North & South Islands of New Zealand.

:dance:

Congratulations to your A$$. I hope the rest of you retires soon. :LOL:

Wow- congratulations! [emoji324] DH and I both FIRED yesterday too. Feels great! Enjoy your travels.

Congratulations on hanging it up. And I cannot think of a better way to decompress than to head to New Zealand. It's not just another country, but a world apart.

Congratulations! Your first post retirement trip sounds wonderful!

Congratulations! Very jealous about your upcoming trip! That is a trip I've wanted to do for a long time. Are you doing one of hut to hut treks or camping on your own?

Congratulations! Very jealous about your upcoming trip! That is a trip I've wanted to do for a long time. Are you doing one of hut to hut treks or camping on your own?

We're doing hop-on-hop-off travel with Stray. We plan to stay in a combination of hostels & Air Bnb. We're in the initial planning stages of our itinerary. It will be a loose one and driven by how a particular location/activity strikes our interest and may spark a desire to stay longer. We're looking forward to traveling at a leisurely pace, immersing ourselves in local culture and having the opportunity to make new acquaintances & friends.

We're doing hop-on-hop-off travel with Stray. We plan to stay in a combination of hostels & Air Bnb. We're in the initial planning stages of our itinerary. It will be a loose one and driven by how a particular location/activity strikes our interest and may spark a desire to stay longer. We're looking forward to traveling at a leisurely pace, immersing ourselves in local culture and having the opportunity to make new acquaintances & friends.

Have an awesome trip! Sounds like a great up-coming adventure.

Wow- congratulations! [emoji324] DH and I both FIRED yesterday too. Feels great! Enjoy your travels.

Well done, congratulations to you both! It may take a bit of time for it to settle in. I just realized a few minutes ago that I no longer having to take on call duty!!

Back
Top Bottom